DVX3 translation finished but introduced a word file only with half of the pages...what's wrong?
Thread poster: Lisa Lin
Lisa Lin
Lisa Lin  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 21:22
Member (2016)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 3, 2017

Hi, there,

I have finished the translation in DVX3 and everything looks fine until I introduced the translation as a word file and found the file is only with half of the pages...deadline is today, what should I do? Is there any setting in DVX3 to correct this error?
Thank you very much for helping me!

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:22
English to Turkish
+ ...
tags Jan 3, 2017

Check tags (codes), it seems that some tags are missing in the target segments, or the order of tags is not correct.
It should be in the Review menu on the ribbon.

Lisa Lin
Lisa Lin  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 21:22
Member (2016)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! I've get it done! Jan 3, 2017

Hi Selcuk Akyuz ,

Thank you very much! I have found out the wrong tag and put it back in the correct place. So this is where Trados is better than DVX. No tags in Trados at all.

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:22
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sorry, but this is not true Jan 3, 2017

lotusgrass wrote:

So this is where Trados is better than DVX. No tags in Trados at all.

I´m sorry but also Studio seasons Word files (and all other file types) with tags, too, and there you will also have to obeye their correct order. But handling of tags (codes) in DVX is easier and faster, because you just have to hit one single key (F8) where needed. Only with the "Live Office" filter you will be able to get rid off all codes (tags), but then you have to format your segments manually (bold / italics / underline, etc.).

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:22
English to Turkish
+ ...
really? Jan 3, 2017

lotusgrass wrote:

No tags in Trados at all.

studio_tags

There are of course tags in Studio, and we need them in all CAT tools.

lotusgrass wrote:

So this is where Trados is better than DVX.

This was a funny joke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX3 translation finished but introduced a word file only with half of the pages...what's wrong?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »