Anne Maria Christoffersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:41
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Oct 5, 2014

Hi,

I use Deja Vu X3 (latest update) and whenever I try to import an Excel file containing several columns and / or sheets, although the file does seem to import, the translation area is empty, that is, no text is actually imported.

I have tried to apply the filters "Excel" and "Office 2007", but it makes no difference.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I would be most grateful because I can't seem to find any information on this anywhere – save on ATRIL
... See more
Hi,

I use Deja Vu X3 (latest update) and whenever I try to import an Excel file containing several columns and / or sheets, although the file does seem to import, the translation area is empty, that is, no text is actually imported.

I have tried to apply the filters "Excel" and "Office 2007", but it makes no difference.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I would be most grateful because I can't seem to find any information on this anywhere – save on ATRIL's own site, but the only solution offered is that of using said filters, and unfortunately in my case that made no difference.

Importing any kind of Word document presents no problems at all.

Thank you!
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:41
English to Turkish
+ ...
protect workbook? Oct 5, 2014

It happens if the book is protected.

Look at Review > Protect Workbook
"Protect Structure and Windows" should not be checked, otherwise import fails.

Selcuk

Anne Maria Christoffersen
Anne Maria Christoffersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:41
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Nov 6, 2014

Thank you very much, Selcuk!

I am sorry for not replying before, I thought I had and only noticed just now that this wasn't so.

In the end I changed the file name which solved the issue. I will surely try your solution in the future, though, since this has happened to me several times and at those other times the file names have been very simple (just text).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot import Excel files with several columns

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »