Thread poster: Sormane Gomes
Sormane Gomes
Sormane Gomes
United States
Local time: 00:46
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dec 10, 2004

My client sent me two MDB files and a couple of html files. I am trying to run an analysis with those mdbs in order to give him an estimate based on matches and repetitions but apparently the MDBs are password-protected and the results I get come out with no fuzzy or exact matches. And I know there is data in the MDBs.

I called back the client and he said that if I had Dejavu (which I do) I could open the files without any password. Is that true?

I'm new with Deja Vu (
... See more
My client sent me two MDB files and a couple of html files. I am trying to run an analysis with those mdbs in order to give him an estimate based on matches and repetitions but apparently the MDBs are password-protected and the results I get come out with no fuzzy or exact matches. And I know there is data in the MDBs.

I called back the client and he said that if I had Dejavu (which I do) I could open the files without any password. Is that true?

I'm new with Deja Vu (Deja Vu X)and would appreciate any help with that.
Collapse

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 01:46
English to Spanish
Not sure this helps, but... Dec 10, 2004

How are you trying to open the files? If you just double click on them from the explorer, then probably MS Access pops up asking for a password. However, if you try to open them from *inside* Deja Vu this should not happen.

I'm afraid I have the old Deja Vu 3.0.18, so I can't give you exact instructions, but there must be a "Database maintenance" menu/module somewhere that allows you to open the database.

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:46
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
MDB is the old (DV3) format Dec 10, 2004

MDB is the file extension for the old (DV3, pre-DVX) TM format. If you're using DVX and have MDB files (as file extension, not as a generic term for translation memory), you need to convert the files to the new format. That Tools->Convert->DV2x/DV3x Memory Database.

Sormane Gomes
Sormane Gomes
United States
Local time: 00:46
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both very much. Dec 10, 2004

Thank you both very much. Problem solved.

Sormane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Password-Protected MDBs?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »