Thread poster: Alex Rychlewski
Alex Rychlewski
Alex Rychlewski
Local time: 11:21
English
Aug 22, 2014

Hello,

Any help would be much appreciated...

On completion of a project with 3 Word files, and 2 Excel files, all the files - except one - exported fine.
I created a new project, imported only the problem file, but it still wouldn't export...

I then resaved the problem file under another name, imported it, and the problem was still not
solved.

I also "repaired" the project and tried again.
Still no dice...

Any o
... See more
Hello,

Any help would be much appreciated...

On completion of a project with 3 Word files, and 2 Excel files, all the files - except one - exported fine.
I created a new project, imported only the problem file, but it still wouldn't export...

I then resaved the problem file under another name, imported it, and the problem was still not
solved.

I also "repaired" the project and tried again.
Still no dice...

Any other suggestions?

Yours sincerely,
Christine Rychlewski - [email protected]
Collapse

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Does export fail if you just populate the file and export? Aug 22, 2014

Have you tried populating all rows (= copy source to target, Alt+F5) right after importing, before doing any actual work on the file? If the file fails to export even when only populated, then only Atril support can help you.

A possible workaround would be to import the offending file to any other CAT tool (Trados, MemoQ etc.) and export it from there in a format DVX understands. That way, you can do the translation in DVX and then reimport it into the other tool.

Endre

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Try importing with a different filter Aug 22, 2014

I assume that you are working in DVX3 and using the "Microsoft Live" filter to import the file. If so, you could try changing the name of the file slightly, but otherwise importing the same file with the filter "Microsoft Office 2007/2010 XML", or perhaps even with the filter "Microsoft Excel".
To change the filter, open the Project Explorer and then the Properties tab. The top row in this tab is called "Filter" and gives you a drop down menu.
Sometimes a file in MS Office fails with
... See more
I assume that you are working in DVX3 and using the "Microsoft Live" filter to import the file. If so, you could try changing the name of the file slightly, but otherwise importing the same file with the filter "Microsoft Office 2007/2010 XML", or perhaps even with the filter "Microsoft Excel".
To change the filter, open the Project Explorer and then the Properties tab. The top row in this tab is called "Filter" and gives you a drop down menu.
Sometimes a file in MS Office fails with one filter, but works beautifully with a different one. I have no idea why this happens, but sometimes it is useful to try it out.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failure to export .xlsx file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »