David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:37
Member (2004)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2014

Hi there. A client has sent me a TM export from Deja Vu in .txt format and I need to convert it to a TM that I can use in Trados Studio 2011. Any instructions out there for this? The text format looks like:

REDCATOR
22042014, 13:47:41

Milena
Juni 1991
June 1991

Should I import into a Workbench TM and then upgrade to Studio? There must be some kind of shortcut,
... See more
Hi there. A client has sent me a TM export from Deja Vu in .txt format and I need to convert it to a TM that I can use in Trados Studio 2011. Any instructions out there for this? The text format looks like:

REDCATOR

Milena
Juni 1991
June 1991

Should I import into a Workbench TM and then upgrade to Studio? There must be some kind of shortcut, no?

Thanks!
Collapse

Olav Karlsen
Olav Karlsen
Norway
Local time: 09:37
English to Norwegian
+ ...
DVX3 TM into Trados 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Exporting a TMX file and importing it into Trados goes like a breeze.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing a DejaVu TM into Trados Studio 2011

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »