How do I export a .doc file in dual language file format?
Thread poster: Anne Maria Christoffersen
Anne Maria Christoffersen
Anne Maria Christoffersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:26
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 30, 2014

Hi!

I know it's a really stupid question, and probably really basic too, but I'm not great with computers and this is the first time I need to export a document in a different format (what I mean is, not in the format it was imported in).

It's a normal .doc-file, but if I click "Export" there is no menu or anything where I can choose which format to export it in. And I can't find a menu like that elsewhere in the tool bars either...

Oh, and the version I u
... See more
Hi!

I know it's a really stupid question, and probably really basic too, but I'm not great with computers and this is the first time I need to export a document in a different format (what I mean is, not in the format it was imported in).

It's a normal .doc-file, but if I click "Export" there is no menu or anything where I can choose which format to export it in. And I can't find a menu like that elsewhere in the tool bars either...

Oh, and the version I use is Deja Vu X3, if that matters.

I would be really grateful if someone could help!

Thanks!
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:26
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

I finally found it the other day May 30, 2014

Click on File on the menu bar, then select Share > Export > Bilingual RTF file

Follow directions.

Note that RTF files open in Word.

The advantage to this way of exporting files is that you can easily reimport them into the same project after you've revised them.

Anne Maria Christoffersen
Anne Maria Christoffersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:26
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much, Yolanda! :) May 30, 2014

That was a great help!

Also, it's kind of good to know I am not the only one who was struggling with it finding out! "Share" just doesn't seem to be the most obvious place to look for it, does it?

Good thing you mentioned I could reimport them, I didn't know that.

Have a lovely weekend!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I export a .doc file in dual language file format?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »