No segment visible in imported ttx file
Thread poster: pjg111
pjg111
pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:50
English to French
Nov 5, 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm sure it is a newbie's question but I have been unable to find its answer searching the Web and this forum. After a very long while using other CAT tools I decided to revert to DejaVu X2.

Here is my problem:

I'm translating from English to France French. I recently translated a certain file to French. The PM asked me to review a translation to Canadian French of the same file. She let me have the ttx translated by my fellow CF translator. W
... See more
Hi everybody,

I'm sure it is a newbie's question but I have been unable to find its answer searching the Web and this forum. After a very long while using other CAT tools I decided to revert to DejaVu X2.

Here is my problem:

I'm translating from English to France French. I recently translated a certain file to French. The PM asked me to review a translation to Canadian French of the same file. She let me have the ttx translated by my fellow CF translator. When I import the file into DejaVu X2, DejaVu correctly identifies CF as language but does not display any segment.

What did I wrong? Did I miss some step?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion and/or help.

Cheers.

Patrick
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Did you apply "segment unknown sentences"... Nov 5, 2013

...when running a "Translate" process of the ttx within the Workbench of Trados 2007?
Afterwards, you get a bilingual file (French / French) which can be further processed in DV X2.
I hope, I got you right,

bonne chance,

Matthias

pjg111
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
No segment visible in imported ttx file Nov 5, 2013

Matthias Brombach wrote:

...when running a "Translate" process of the ttx within the Workbench of Trados 2007?
Afterwards, you get a bilingual file (French / French) which can be further processed in DV X2.
I hope, I got you right,

bonne chance,

Matthias

Thanks, Matthias. I should have specified I did "translate" ttx file in Trados Workbench prior to importing into DejaVu X 2. But no segment is visible.

Cheers.

Patrick

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:50
English to Turkish
+ ...
filter Nov 5, 2013

Hi Patrick,

So you have a fully segmented and translated ttx file. Which filter did you use to (add and) import this file, Trados TagEditor or Trados TTX?

Trados TagEditor filter is for bif files
Trados TTX filter is for ttx files

Selcuk

pjg111
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
No segment visible in imported ttx file Nov 6, 2013

Hi Selcuk, hi Matthias, hi everybody.

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I solved the issue by creating a new project and making sure to assign proper languages from the beginning. Now CF strings are visible. Sorry for having disturbed.

Cheers.

Patrick

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No segment visible in imported ttx file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »