Corrupt file with deja vu
Thread poster: Raquel Pérez
Raquel Pérez
Raquel Pérez
Local time: 00:10
French to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 8, 2013

I am trying to export the translated version of a Word file with Deja Vu X2, but I can't open it because it says it is corrupt.

I have tried to repair it with the option "repair and open" and nothing happens.$

I am new with Deja Vu and I do not know what to do.

Thank you =)

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:10
English to Turkish
+ ...
embedded codes Oct 8, 2013

Hi Raquel,

Put your cursor in the first segment and check embedded codes

QA > Check Embedded Codes

Hope you did not delete any codes in the "source" segments.

Selcuk

[Edited at 2013-10-08 11:17 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:10
English to Turkish
+ ...
Problem solved? Oct 9, 2013

A code check for missing codes at target segments or misplaced codes (e.g. {2}{3} at source but{3}{2} at target) normally helps you to solve the export problem.

It is a good practice, at least for large files, to copy source to target (populate) before starting translation and then export the file. Some original files may have problems and this method is just a precaution. If there are no problems then you can right click and clear all populated segments and start translation as u
... See more
A code check for missing codes at target segments or misplaced codes (e.g. {2}{3} at source but{3}{2} at target) normally helps you to solve the export problem.

It is a good practice, at least for large files, to copy source to target (populate) before starting translation and then export the file. Some original files may have problems and this method is just a precaution. If there are no problems then you can right click and clear all populated segments and start translation as usual.

No easy solution for accidentally deleted codes at source segments. In that case I would
- delete the segments from the main TM
- detach the main TM from the project
- create a new TM and attach to the project
- send the project to this new TM
- re-import the source file into the project and pretranslate with the new TM
- check and correct translations in fuzzy matches
- make a code check and other QA checks
- export

If export is successful, then delete the new TM, re-attach the main TM and send project to your main TM.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corrupt file with deja vu

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »