Local time: 10:48
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 13, 2013

Hi everybody!

I just tried to customize my DVX interface by
1) going to Tools / Customize / Commands / QA
2) trying to drag and drop the "Next pending segment" icon to the menu area at the top (this is a function that I use quite a lot, which is why I wanted the icon next to the menu bar).

However, instead of the "Next pending segment" icon, the "Next Unfinished Fuzzy Match" icon was moved.

Can someone please try this out and tell me if this is
... See more
Hi everybody!

I just tried to customize my DVX interface by
1) going to Tools / Customize / Commands / QA
2) trying to drag and drop the "Next pending segment" icon to the menu area at the top (this is a function that I use quite a lot, which is why I wanted the icon next to the menu bar).

However, instead of the "Next pending segment" icon, the "Next Unfinished Fuzzy Match" icon was moved.

Can someone please try this out and tell me if this is a general bug?

I am using Windows 7 and Déjà Vu X2 Workgroup 8.0.633.

Kind regards,

Olaf
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:48
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

It works okay in DVX2 Professional Sep 14, 2013

Hi Olaf,

I have Windows 7 Pro and DVX2 Professional, so I'm not really dealing with quite the same setup as you, but I just tried moving the next pending segment to the bar right under my menus, and it landed there very nicely. However, since I'm not really interested in having that icon there, I dragged it back to the QA list I'd taken it from, and it went back there without any problem. You might want to drag the unwanted icon back where it came from and try to drag the "next pe
... See more
Hi Olaf,

I have Windows 7 Pro and DVX2 Professional, so I'm not really dealing with quite the same setup as you, but I just tried moving the next pending segment to the bar right under my menus, and it landed there very nicely. However, since I'm not really interested in having that icon there, I dragged it back to the QA list I'd taken it from, and it went back there without any problem. You might want to drag the unwanted icon back where it came from and try to drag the "next pending segment" over to the menu bar again. Maybe this time the right icon will land there. If the same "fuzzy" icon ends up there again, maybe you could try grabbing the next icon below the "pending" icon, and see if the "pending" one ends up on the menu bar instead?
Collapse

Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 10:48
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Nov 24, 2013

Thanks for your help, Yolanda! I tried the things you suggested a couple of times and eventually it worked

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug when trying to customize my DVX interface

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »