Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Is there a way to autopropagate to confirmed segments?
Thread poster: Pavel Tsvetkov
Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:17
English to Turkish
+ ...
method for Fuzzy Propagated Segments Jan 3, 2014

Pavel Tsvetkov wrote:

Hi Selcuk,

1. At what point do you do that? While you are translating the file and come across a 'yellow' segment do you check it and not 'finish' it, and then, reaching the end of the whole translation, filter as you say, and take a long look at all the 'yellow' segments and finish them or...?

From what you say it seems that you are skipping (not 'finishing') those segments in the process of initial translation.

It depends on the size of the project, number of repetitions, whether it is a single file or ongoing project with many files (we sometimes add new files to some projects before delivery).

But there are no rules for me. I know the shortcuts, I can use sort, filter (on source) or SQL filter.

The good thing in DVX2 is it is the only CAT tool that creates a single project view as the default view. So everything is possible (and easy) if you know the shortcuts.

2. By saying that you do not finish "Exact Propagated Segments" (light blue) do you mean that you do not finish them until the proofreading/editing stage, or that you do not finish them at all?

Kind Regards,

I sometimes finish them but it is only a bad habit.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to autopropagate to confirmed segments?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »