Thread poster: PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:21
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 19, 2013

I have to translate .msg files, Outlook opens them, but DVX2 can't import them.
What should I do to translate them with DVX2?

TIA!

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
HTML or Word Jun 20, 2013

With Outlook you can save them in htm/html format, or you can copy/paste the translatable content to Word, then process them in DVX2
It is highly unusual to have to translate a number of .msg files lock stock and barrel (including the message headers etc?). Sometimes I get e-mails in which clients ask me to translate a certain section of the content. I always copy/paste this content to Word and deliver it as a Word file, and they have always been happy with this.

[Edited at 2013-06-
... See more
With Outlook you can save them in htm/html format, or you can copy/paste the translatable content to Word, then process them in DVX2
It is highly unusual to have to translate a number of .msg files lock stock and barrel (including the message headers etc?). Sometimes I get e-mails in which clients ask me to translate a certain section of the content. I always copy/paste this content to Word and deliver it as a Word file, and they have always been happy with this.

[Edited at 2013-06-20 07:04 GMT]
Collapse

PatriziaM.
PatriziaM.  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have to deliver in .msg format Jun 20, 2013

Unfortunately I have to deliver the translation in .msg format.
If I save in htm/html format and I do translation, then is it possible to save again in .msg format with Outlook?

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Yes Jun 20, 2013

Yes, although you may need to drag them from the directory to the Outlook window, but then you can save them individually.

Javier Fain
Javier Fain
Argentina
Local time: 10:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
.MSG conversion Aug 27, 2015

Victor Dewsbery wrote:

Yes, although you may need to drag them from the directory to the Outlook window, but then you can save them individually.

Victor, could you please explain how would you save the .HTML translated file again into .MSG?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating .msg files with DVX2?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »