Mohd Mansoor Alam
India
Local time: 04:08
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 7, 2013

Dear all,

Greetings from Mansoor!

I am working in Deja vu on a Urdu project. The file contains so many tags. When I execute the line after translating the text , positions of tags get changed. It also happend with some special characters like -.

Please help me.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Mansoor

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Are all those tags relevant? Jun 7, 2013

I don't know what the source format of your text is, but if it is a Word file with quite a few unnecessary tags, you might as well remove them in the target segment first (CTRL-Space), do your translation and then insert at the end of the segment (if the segment starts with a tag, be sure to put that one at the beginning, though). And do check tags before exporting (CTRL-SHIFT-F8).

Mohd Mansoor Alam
Mohd Mansoor Alam
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 7, 2013

Thanks Wolfgang for your quick reply.

Let me check if it works.

Regards

Mansoor

Mohd Mansoor Alam
Mohd Mansoor Alam
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi to Wolfgang Jörissen Jun 10, 2013

Dear Wolfgang Jörissen,

I tried the same suggested by you. But in vain. The file is in Word format. And the most important thing is that I am working in Urdu (a Right to Left language like Arabic).

Pls share the solution if you have experienced the same problem and resolved it.

Thanks

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Tricks to avoid tags Jun 10, 2013

Sometimes, it helps if you save the file as rtf or doc (instead of docx). Additionally, you can do the presegmenting (and cleaning) in Trados 2007 (if you don not own that, the demo version is sufficient for these steps). This also gets rid of some tags.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:38
English to Turkish
+ ...
old tricks Jun 10, 2013

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

Sometimes, it helps if you save the file as rtf or doc (instead of docx). Additionally, you can do the presegmenting (and cleaning) in Trados 2007 (if you don not own that, the demo version is sufficient for these steps). This also gets rid of some tags.

Those tricks were necessary in the previous version of DVX (DVX1) but no more rogue codes for me in DVX2. My trick? "Embed linguistic data" and "Embed smart tags" are not checked when saving a Word file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deja vu Urdu

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »