Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 20:27
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 8, 2004

Recently I had to re-install DV3, and it does not seem to work correctly as it did for a long time before this.
I have the latest build (3.0.38). THe symptom is this: whenever I type any of two specific Hungarian characters in the target fields and press Alt DOWN (to procede to the next segment), these specific characters are replaced by question marks.

As far as I remember, I have seen other people reporting the same problem in other languages as well.

Anyone has
... See more
Recently I had to re-install DV3, and it does not seem to work correctly as it did for a long time before this.
I have the latest build (3.0.38). THe symptom is this: whenever I type any of two specific Hungarian characters in the target fields and press Alt DOWN (to procede to the next segment), these specific characters are replaced by question marks.

As far as I remember, I have seen other people reporting the same problem in other languages as well.

Anyone has a quick fix to this problem?

(it has to do with some settings in Word, I guess)
Collapse

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:27
English to Spanish
Not a solution but an idea... Sep 8, 2004

I'm sorry I can't help (never got that error), but may I suggest you to also try posting your problem to the yahoo Deja Vu list, or directly contact Atril support (they are usually very helpful).

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DV3: accented characters are replaced by question marks

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »