Germany
Local time: 15:33
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
versions & code problem solution Mar 14, 2013

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Hi Max,

Do you also get this error message: "The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag".

Details please:

Your DVX version and build?
Type of Document?
Error message?
Windows and Office version, if applicable.

Yes, I get that message, too (It's in German, but essentially the same.). I use DVX2 Pro, Windows 7 and Office 2010. Its a .docx file, no fancy formatting, mostly plain text.

So, I figured I'd solve the code problem (I think that's what happened to me, too) by just check if one code is missing - afaik, they're consecutive numbers, right? - but I used CodeZapper on the document, so there would be codes missing anyway...

[Edited at 2013-03-14 09:39 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:33
English to Turkish
+ ...
codes Mar 14, 2013

Max Hellwig wrote:

So, I figured I'd solve the code problem (I think that's what happened to me, too) by just check if one code is missing - afaik, they're consecutive numbers, right?

Not always, I mean yes they are consecutive (1, 2, 3) but some numbers may be missing or not displayed by DVX2, e.g. 1, 2, 4, 5...

Lorenzo Benito from Atril Support replied to this thread though he did not say anything about the "The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag" error message. When you receive a Word doc/docx file it is good practice to copy all source to target and test if it exports (at least for large files).

Max Hellwig
Max Hellwig  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
same problem Mar 14, 2013

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Not always, I mean yes they are consecutive (1, 2, 3) but some numbers may be missing or not displayed by DVX2, e.g. 1, 2, 4, 5...

Lorenzo Benito from Atril Support replied to this thread though he did not say anything about the "The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag" error message. When you receive a Word doc/docx file it is good practice to copy all source to target and test if it exports (at least for large files).

Exactly, that is probably due to CodeZapper, right?
I will certainly try this from now on, unfortunately it's too late for the document I have a problem with...

Skaya, did you solve the problem yet?

skaya
skaya  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:33
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
workaround Mar 14, 2013

Max Hellwig wrote:

Skaya, did you solve the problem yet?

Hi Max,

I sent the problematic Word document to gmail to try to open it in google docs. It didn't open, but gmail offered html view alternatively. It worked. Html view preserved most of the formatting.

Next time I experienced the same problem, output was a rtf (source was pdf) and even html view did not work.

You may probably export your project as a bilingual html or rtf document and open it safely. Then you can build your output file from scratch in a separate Word document.

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
misplaced embedded codes Jul 4, 2013

Lorenzo Benito from Atril Support replied to this thread though he did not say anything about the "The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag" error message.

That's caused by misplaced embedded codes. A code is placed in the wrong place, or it is missing, which means that the XML tags that correspond to that code get put in the wrong place, or they are missing. The result is a malformed XML file, which is rejected outright by Word, as the XML standard requires.

It's also the reason why XML editors won't open the file in tree view: you can't open bad XML as XML, it makes no sense.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Exportation Problem

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »