Déjà vu x2 reports term missing as part of QA for terms with more than one translation
Thread poster: Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 19:23
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Mar 6, 2013

Dear All,

I have decided to give DJV x2'a QA features a try, more specifically the automatic QA check when confirming a segment.

On my computer it does not work as it is supposed to:

– when a term has been entered with more than one possible translation (2+ separate entries) Déjà vu X2 is never satisfied if only one translation is present in the target segment and reports an error;
– when a term is entered as 1) a separate entry, and also exists
... See more
Dear All,

I have decided to give DJV x2'a QA features a try, more specifically the automatic QA check when confirming a segment.

On my computer it does not work as it is supposed to:

– when a term has been entered with more than one possible translation (2+ separate entries) Déjà vu X2 is never satisfied if only one translation is present in the target segment and reports an error;
– when a term is entered as 1) a separate entry, and also exists as part of 2) a bigger phrase that also contains other words, and said phrase is used in the segment, the separate term is reported as missing;
– when the segment is reconfirmed (that is the translator says: no, this is not an error) the help manual says that the error mark (a red exclamation mark) should disappear, but it does not. So, in a way, Déjà vu X2 simply refuses to acknowledge the translator's opinion on the matter.

Any suggestions/explanations are welcome.

Kind Regards,
PTs
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Terminology check Mar 6, 2013

Hi Pavel,

Pavel Tsvetkov wrote:

DVX2 is not Verifika but it should allow multiple translations. Even a consistency check for terms would be good.

– when a term is entered as 1) a separate entry, and also exists as part of 2) a bigger phrase that also contains other words, and said phrase is used in the segment, the separate term is reported as missing;

Perhaps it is better to use Lexicon for compound terms.

– when the segment is reconfirmed (that is the translator says: no, this is not an error) the help manual says that the error mark (a red exclamation mark) should disappear, but it does not. So, in a way, Déjà vu X2 simply refuses to acknowledge the translator's opinion on the matter.

It seems like a bug. But nothing new as far as I remember, it was not working in the previous version (DVX) as well, e.g. red exclamation marks did not disappear after pressing Ctrl+DownArrow and I therefore used the Delete all Terminology Warnings command.

Selcuk

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
. Mar 9, 2013

Discussion continued here: http://www.proz.com/post/2105887#2105887

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Déjà vu x2 reports term missing as part of QA for terms with more than one translation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »