What Vietnamese keyboard do you use when typing in Deja Vu?
Thread poster: hieuthao
hieuthao
hieuthao
Vietnamese to English
Feb 18, 2013

I am currently using Deja vu X (haven't upgraded to X2 yet). I had been a confirmed VPSKeys user but for some reason VPS freezes up in Deja Vu so I started using WinVNKey instead. Now I have upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2010 and unfortunately WinVNKey doesn't seem to work in any of the Office 2010 applications. UniKey works well in Office 2010, but it is hit and miss in Deja Vu, some characters display correctly and others don't. The only other option that I can see is to use the Windows ... See more
I am currently using Deja vu X (haven't upgraded to X2 yet). I had been a confirmed VPSKeys user but for some reason VPS freezes up in Deja Vu so I started using WinVNKey instead. Now I have upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2010 and unfortunately WinVNKey doesn't seem to work in any of the Office 2010 applications. UniKey works well in Office 2010, but it is hit and miss in Deja Vu, some characters display correctly and others don't. The only other option that I can see is to use the Windows keyboard, but the layout is really counterintuitive to me and I resist having to learn it. I don't know any Vietnamese that use it, for this very reason. If there are any other Vietnamese users of Deja Vu out there, can you let me know what keyboard you use?

Thanks!

Rosemary Nguyen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What Vietnamese keyboard do you use when typing in Deja Vu?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »