Irene Acler
Irene Acler  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:58
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dec 26, 2012

Hello everybody!

I imported an Excel file into DVX2, I translated it without any problem, then I wanted to export it, but I got this message: "DVX2 has not been able to export this file".
I checked all the tags, and they're ok, so I really don't know where the problem could lie. Any idea?

Thank you very much.

Irene

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:58
English to Czech
+ ...
Possible problem Dec 26, 2012

Hello Irene,
this is just a shot in the dark, but from my experience with other CATs I know that many export problems are caused by exceeded maximum length of the Excel worksheet name (limited to 32 characters by Excel). Could this be the case?

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:58
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

tag out of order? Dec 27, 2012

Hi Irene,

Sometimes a tag gets moved out of position. Have you checked the positions of all the tags in your target text versus the positions of those in your source text?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export an Excel file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »