Irene Acler
Irene Acler  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:18
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dec 11, 2012

Good morning.

I have finished translating a file with DVX2, but I realized that, when I export it, I get less pages than the real ones: the resulting file has 54 pages, while the real file has 63. I checked if there are blocked segments or tag problems, but there aren't.

Any idea about the problem?

Thank you very much,
Irene

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Could be a misplaced tag Dec 11, 2012

Hi Irene,

I experienced nearly the same problem. Reason were two misplaced tags in a segment DV didn´t detect with its QK. I am afraid that you have to control manualy source and target and check, where exactly s.t. went wrong.

Best regards,
Matthias

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 13:18
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ctrl+Shift+F8 Dec 11, 2012

Hi Irene,

Please recheck the codes (order of codes, missing ones in the target) by Ctrl+Shift+F8. Go to the first segment (put the cursor in the first segment) and press Ctrl+Shift+F8.

Hope you did not delete any codes in the source accidentally. If you have a backup of your project it is easy to check otherwise create a new project, import the same files and count the number of codes. It may be different though if you have joined/split segments.

Code prot
... See more
Hi Irene,

Please recheck the codes (order of codes, missing ones in the target) by Ctrl+Shift+F8. Go to the first segment (put the cursor in the first segment) and press Ctrl+Shift+F8.

Hope you did not delete any codes in the source accidentally. If you have a backup of your project it is easy to check otherwise create a new project, import the same files and count the number of codes. It may be different though if you have joined/split segments.

Code protection in source segments is a feature needed in DVX2!
Collapse

Irene Acler
Irene Acler  Identity Verified
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved problem Dec 11, 2012

Thank you very much, Matthias and Selcuk.
As a matter of fact, the problem was in two misplaced tags. It's incredible how they are important!

Thanks again, and have a good day.
Irene

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 13:18
English to Turkish
+ ...
recommendations Dec 11, 2012

Change code colour, I use orange for codes which is easier to notice (so you don't delete them in the source)
Tools>Options>Display>Colors>Miscellaneous>Embedded Code

Make backups of your project (one may accidentally delete source codes, better to have a copy of your project)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem while exporting a file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »