Importing Korean into TM through Excel file
Thread poster: Zamjestnanec
Zamjestnanec
Zamjestnanec
Local time: 12:05
Oct 10, 2012

Hello guys,

I tried to do an import of an Excel file, which is meant to be used as a TM. However, already in the preview screen my Korean translation in the target column gets displayed as a bunch of ??? , accordingly it doesnt get imported properly.

Is there some special format I have to use?

thanks a lot,
Stefan

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
Unicode Oct 10, 2012

Hi Stefan,

I tried both Text (tab delimited) and Excel import into TM and TB, all imported.

When importing to DVX select "Unicode" as code page (second page of wizard)

[Edited at 2012-10-10 09:55 GMT]

Zamjestnanec
Zamjestnanec
TOPIC STARTER
Unicode does not work either Oct 10, 2012

Hi Selcuk,

thanks for the advice, but it does not work unfortunately. I saved the excel file in different formats now, including unicode text, and it still only displays questionmarks.

Any other suggestions?

Stefan

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Described here Oct 10, 2012

Hi Stefan,

Please see http://cattoolshelp.blogspot.com/2012/10/language-code-selection-when-importing.html

Hope Korean characters are displayed correctly.

Selcuk

Zamjestnanec
Zamjestnanec
TOPIC STARTER
alignment files still dont work Oct 11, 2012

Thanks, the TM works now.

However, it is strange when i try to create an alignment file with two HTML documents:

In Chinese it works without any flaws, (except the segmentation gets screwed up a little bit), but in Korean it doesnt show the signs properly, regardless of which encoding I choose.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Alignment works as well Oct 11, 2012

Even with the default language code page.

Open the web page in your browser and check the character encoding, possibly Unicode (UTF-8) is used. Try that when importing. If it does not work you can ask Atril support.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing Korean into TM through Excel file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »