Thread poster: Mats Wikberg
Mats Wikberg
Mats Wikberg  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:25
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 12, 2004

I have received TTX files from my customer. I want to import them into my Deja Vu X but I get the message ´File could not be imported?'

Thanks for any advice!

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
are the ttx files bilingual? Jul 12, 2004

Hi Matt,
According to deja vu FAQ to import ttx files they should be bilingual: http://support.atril.com/disparticle.asp?InFrame=true&ID=276QBM

HTH,
Grace.

Mats Wikberg
United Kingdom
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can import the files but they seem to be empty Jul 13, 2004

Graciela Carlyle wrote:

Hi Matt,
According to deja vu FAQ to import ttx files they should be bilingual: http://support.atril.com/disparticle.asp?InFrame=true&ID=276QBM

HTH,
Grace.

Hi, Grace!

thank you for your answer. I have followed the link and I see that by \"bilingual\" they mean that the file has to be uncleaned, that is, it has to be processed so that it is segmented in Trados style in order to insert the translation in the second part.

I have processed the TTX files in Trados with the Translate function and then I have imported them in DejaVu X. This time I have succeeded importing them, but there is no text: they seem to be empty, though I know there are over 800 words.

Does anyone know if I am missing any step?

Thanks in advance for your help

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 12:25
German to English
+ ...
Use Trados Jul 13, 2004

Mats Wikberg wrote:

I have processed the TTX files in Trados with the Translate function and then I have imported them in DejaVu X. This time I have succeeded importing them, but there is no text: they seem to be empty, though I know there are over 800 words.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hello,

why didn't you use Trados for the TTX File ?

TTX files in the new versions are unicode xml files. Maybe this is the problem for DV.

Hans

Mats Wikberg
United Kingdom
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Demo Jul 13, 2004

Hello Hans,

Thank you for the info about the new TTX files. Unfortunately, the Trados version I use is in demo mode.

Have a nice summer!
Mats

YvesM
YvesM
Luxembourgish to English
+ ...
Use "Segment unknown sentences" Sep 21, 2004

Otherwise Trados will not actually segment any of the text, so DVX will not import it.

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:25
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Match rates? Sep 21, 2004

IF I remember correctly, the match rate e.g. }62{ must be at least the fuzzy setting in DVX for a translation to appear? If it's a big file, you may want to wait for confirmation. If it's a small file, just replace the match rate to a higher value.

[Edited at 2004-09-21 19:46]

Mats Wikberg
United Kingdom
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word 2003 Sep 22, 2004

Thanks Yves and Klaus for your input!

I solved the problem by simply making an update to Word 2003 (from Word 97).

Thanks again!
Mats

Wing
Wing
English to Chinese
Can you help? Nov 12, 2004

Klaus Herrmann wrote:

IF I remember correctly, the match rate e.g. }62{ must be at least the fuzzy setting in DVX for a translation to appear? If it's a big file, you may want to wait for confirmation. If it's a small file, just replace the match rate to a higher value.

[Edited at 2004-09-21 19:46]

Hi, Klaus,
I have some problems regarding to use the DejaVu, when I input the terminology database, I imported the database from excel, and then i needed to make few new columns (such as Part of Speech, Syn, notes....), but when i finished all the wizard input, i can see the terminology database, but i can't see anything in the Attributes. How come? I have followed the procedure to click 'import as'....to fill out the attributes of all column..........Please help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing TTX files into Deja Vu X

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »