Valentina Balšić
Valentina Balšić  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 09:19
English to Croatian
+ ...
Jun 19, 2012

Hi all,

This morning I downloaded and installed Déjà Vu X2 Editor, version 8.0.533. Following the instructions on the Atril website, which reads: "Once you have completed the download and the installation, request a permanent Editor activation code at [email protected]", I e-mailed them with the request, but never received a reply. Has anybody been through this process recently -- when do you think I can expect a reply from th
... See more
Hi all,

This morning I downloaded and installed Déjà Vu X2 Editor, version 8.0.533. Following the instructions on the Atril website, which reads: "Once you have completed the download and the installation, request a permanent Editor activation code at [email protected]", I e-mailed them with the request, but never received a reply. Has anybody been through this process recently -- when do you think I can expect a reply from the support team? The application itself seems to be working, but many of the features are not supported without activation. Or am I missing something here?

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks and regards,

Valentina
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:19
English to Turkish
+ ...
trial version Jun 19, 2012

Hi Valentina,

I am sure Atril will send your activation code shortly. By the way, since you don't have a code you are possibly using a trial version of the Professional Version. See Help > About...

Build 533? It is not the latest build, please download Build 555.

Selcuk

Valentina Balšić
Valentina Balšić  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 09:19
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will try Déjà Vu X2 Professional trial version Jun 19, 2012

Hi Selcuk,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I just checked once again, and the version I installed is definitely Déjà Vu X2 Editor, version 8.0.533. I specifically opted for that version because it has (or should have, as described here) all the features that I currently want, and it seemed simpler than the professional version. But, now that you mentio
... See more
Hi Selcuk,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I just checked once again, and the version I installed is definitely Déjà Vu X2 Editor, version 8.0.533. I specifically opted for that version because it has (or should have, as described here) all the features that I currently want, and it seemed simpler than the professional version. But, now that you mentioned it, I might actually give the trial version a go and see if I have more luck there.

Thanks again,

Valentina
Collapse

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
Local time: 10:19
Déjà Vu X2 Editor Jun 25, 2012

The Editor lacks most of the functions of the paid editions of DVX2 (which is why it is available for free) so you won't find many features available in it. It's main purpose is to allow users to process Satellite Projects generated by the Workgroup edition. Are you sure the Editor is what you need?

On the other hand, if DVX2 is not activated, it defaults to working as the Editor, so you do not necessarily need to receive an activation code for it (unlike DVX, DVX2 does not have a "
... See more
The Editor lacks most of the functions of the paid editions of DVX2 (which is why it is available for free) so you won't find many features available in it. It's main purpose is to allow users to process Satellite Projects generated by the Workgroup edition. Are you sure the Editor is what you need?

On the other hand, if DVX2 is not activated, it defaults to working as the Editor, so you do not necessarily need to receive an activation code for it (unlike DVX, DVX2 does not have a "demo mode"). If you let the trail period run out, your copy of DVX2 will activate as the Editor on its own.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Déjà Vu X2 Editor activation code

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »