Robert Long
Robert Long  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:52
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 12, 2012

I've been having so many issues with Deja vu, it's enough to make me want to pull my hair out!

Apparently this top of the line CAT is not even capable of opening a word document as is but must first be converted to another format (though which one I'm not sure, since I've not had any luck with .rtf)

I'm quickly loosing patience. After over $400 dollars spent on this "great" product I can't even open a single file without incessant error reports which necessitate me clo
... See more
I've been having so many issues with Deja vu, it's enough to make me want to pull my hair out!

Apparently this top of the line CAT is not even capable of opening a word document as is but must first be converted to another format (though which one I'm not sure, since I've not had any luck with .rtf)

I'm quickly loosing patience. After over $400 dollars spent on this "great" product I can't even open a single file without incessant error reports which necessitate me closing the entire program and frustratingly start all over again.

Please help
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:52
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Can you give us some information? Jun 12, 2012

You should be able to import a lot of formats besides rtf files, including, most definitely, Word files. So maybe something needs to be fixed? Can you give us some information, so we can figure out how to help you?

What system are you using?
Did you install the program from a disc or a download?
How did you activate the software? (With a dongle or a code?)
What steps did you follow to create your project? Did you use the project wizard? (File > New > Projec
... See more
You should be able to import a lot of formats besides rtf files, including, most definitely, Word files. So maybe something needs to be fixed? Can you give us some information, so we can figure out how to help you?

What system are you using?
Did you install the program from a disc or a download?
How did you activate the software? (With a dongle or a code?)
What steps did you follow to create your project? Did you use the project wizard? (File > New > Project>New Project Wizard...)
Collapse

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
Are you sure? Jun 12, 2012

Robert Long wrote:

I'm quickly loosing patience. After over $400 dollars spent on this "great" product I can't even open a single file without incessant error reports which necessitate me closing the entire program and frustratingly start all over again.

Please help

I have been using Deja VuX for years and never had any problems. Deja VuX does not open the files, you have to import them.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:52
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
User Manual Jun 13, 2012

Phase I
The preparation phase consists of preparing the memory and terminology databases by optionally importing existing material into them (see Import of Existing Third-Party Databases into the Translation Memory, Import of Existing Translations into the Translation Memory, and Import of Existing Third-Party Glossaries into the Terminology Database), as well as selecting the source files for import (see Source Files).

Phase II
The project building phase consist
... See more
Phase I
The preparation phase consists of preparing the memory and terminology databases by optionally importing existing material into them (see Import of Existing Third-Party Databases into the Translation Memory, Import of Existing Translations into the Translation Memory, and Import of Existing Third-Party Glossaries into the Terminology Database), as well as selecting the source files for import (see Source Files).

Phase II
The project building phase consists of selecting an existing project file (see Selecting an Existing Project File) or creating a new project file (Creating a New Project File)—which includes importing the source files and associating the file with translation memories and terminology databases—as well as building the lexicon (see Generating the Lexicon).

Just click con the Help box at Dejavu, to open the help files.

Regard

Clarisa
Collapse

Annick Scherer (X)
Annick Scherer (X)
Local time: 06:52
Atril Support Jun 13, 2012

Dear Robert,

I am working as Head of Freelance Translators at Atril and would gladly help you out.

As Déjà Vu can import all kind of files, there must be another problem. Did you maybe leave the documents that should be imported open on your desktop? This would generate an error message and Déjà Vu wouldn't be able to import the document.

Otherwise, if you could send me some screenshots of the error mes
... See more
Dear Robert,

I am working as Head of Freelance Translators at Atril and would gladly help you out.

As Déjà Vu can import all kind of files, there must be another problem. Did you maybe leave the documents that should be imported open on your desktop? This would generate an error message and Déjà Vu wouldn't be able to import the document.

Otherwise, if you could send me some screenshots of the error message on my e-mail address: [email protected], this would help me understand what went wrong.

Please be sure, that we are doing everything we can to support our customers as we want them to enjoy working with Déjà Vu as much as we do.

Kind regards,

Annick
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Déja vu apparently incapable of opening any sort of file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »