Content of basic TEAMserver package?
Thread poster: Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:57
Finnish to French
May 16, 2012

In a recent announcement sent by e-mail, Atril promoted the new version of their TEAMserver product:

Does anyone know what's included in the basic TEAMserver package that costs €4900? I asked Atril a few days ago, but got no answer so far, so I thought I'd ask here, in case someone has purchased such a package: does it include only the server itself, or also a few client licenses (like the similar memoQ serverFive package, for instance)?

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:57
French to Polish
+ ...
5 DVX Wrgrp licenses (floating) May 16, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

(...)

Does anyone know what's included in the basic TEAMserver package that costs €4900? I asked Atril a few days ago, but got no answer so far, so I thought I'd ask here, in case someone has purchased such a package: does it include only the server itself, or also a few client licenses (like the similar memoQ serverFive package, for instance)?

According to Atril, 5 DVX Workgroup licenses (floating).
http://www.atril.com/en/node/8452

Cheers
GG

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:57
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 16, 2012

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Thanks, Grzegorz! The price is competitive, given that the list price of individual Workgroup licenses is 1180 euros. The pricing model is a bit like Gillette's: it's cheaper to buy a new razor with sample blades included than to buy refills

I believe 4900 euros for TEAMserver + 5 Workgroup licenses is also cheaper than the (unpublished) memoQ serverFive list price. And of course cheaper than the corresponding SDL solution, but this hardly comes as a surprise!

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:57
French to Polish
+ ...
Performance contract... memoQ servers... SDL GroupShare... May 17, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Thanks, Grzegorz! The price is competitive, given that the list price of individual Workgroup licenses is 1180 euros. The pricing model is a bit like Gillette's: it's cheaper to buy a new razor with sample blades included than to buy refills

Yep

But, in fact, Atril will charge more 'cause one year suport contract (called Performance Contract in their French) is mandatory for TeaMServer during the first year.
I don't know the exact pricing but the price covers the installation (performed over remote desktop), training (8 hours webinar), upgrades (if any) and technical support with guaranteed 12 hours response time.
It makes sense for smaller translation offices without qualified IT staff.

I believe 4900 euros for TEAMserver + 5 Workgroup licenses is also cheaper than the (unpublished) memoQ serverFive list price.

AFAIK, it is.
My info may be out of date but the last mQ serverFive price I'm aware was 5500 euro or something like that (i.e. 5400 or 5600).
In fact, te serverFive name is not 100% precise 'cause one client license is needed for the machine on which the server is installed, so if you want to have a separate server (it's a bad idea to use server machines for interactive work...), you'll have only 4 client licenses.

BTW
At the memoQfest (I was sure to meet you...), Kilgray just announced a new scaled down (or, as you like, castrated) version of memoQ server targeted on very small teams (e.g. like me and my wife or similar).
This version will accept max. 3 concurrent connexions and will be bundled with 1 Project Manager and 2 Professional licenses.
The bad news it's no upgrade path for existing Pro licenses i.e. no price reduction.
Another bad news is the price itself i.e. 3000 euro which is IMO absurd for this kind of target.
So, the reaction of the people was... huh... very moderated...
I.e. the market needs this kind of product but the price should be adequate.

With DVX, we simply use two desktop licenses and share the same project on the LAN.
The performance is somehow affected (the network disks are slower than the local ones) but it's still good enough.
Nonetheless, I'm somehow tempted by the Solo version.

And of course cheaper than the corresponding SDL solution, but this hardly comes as a surprise!

Unless you live in a "poor" country
E.g. in the post-communist countries, a 30% discount or ever more is applied automatically if you contact the local dealer.
Nonetheless, I doubt its price is really competitive if compared to memoQ or DVX.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Content of basic TEAMserver package?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »