laure claesen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:15
Member (2005)
English to French
May 9, 2012

Hi,

Surely you've been through this before.

I have a huge editing project which at first I thought I could do in DejàVu via the memory.

Now for reasons too long to be told, it contains locked rows which, I am told, cannot be unlocked on my customer's side and they still want the text in those rows to be edited.

The result is that I will have to work in the bi-column exports (external view) which means manually.

What I need to kn
... See more
Hi,

Surely you've been through this before.

I have a huge editing project which at first I thought I could do in DejàVu via the memory.

Now for reasons too long to be told, it contains locked rows which, I am told, cannot be unlocked on my customer's side and they still want the text in those rows to be edited.

The result is that I will have to work in the bi-column exports (external view) which means manually.

What I need to know is if there is a way, once the editing work is done, to send the files back into the memory?

If yes, what is the procedure?

Of course if you could help you would save my life -as usual.

Millions thanks for just reading!
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Try to import the rtf tabel back via Excel May 9, 2012

Dear Laure,

although I doubt that it is impossible to unlock those locked segments (try the right hand mouse button), you will have the possibility to copy your bilingual .rtf tabel into an excel sheet which is one possibility to feed your TM.
Best regards,

Matthias

[Bearbeitet am 2012-05-09 21:29 GMT]

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Did you try Shift-Ctrl-K? May 9, 2012

Hi Laure,

I'm not sure which version of DVX you're using, but in all versions but the free editor Shift-Ctrl-K will unlock the segments.

If your DVX version doesn't provide this option, you could either edit the file manually and then send to TM using Project -> Send to TM after import, or ask a colleague to unlock the segmetns for you

Kind regards
Klaus

[Bearbeitet am
... See more
Hi Laure,

I'm not sure which version of DVX you're using, but in all versions but the free editor Shift-Ctrl-K will unlock the segments.

If your DVX version doesn't provide this option, you could either edit the file manually and then send to TM using Project -> Send to TM after import, or ask a colleague to unlock the segmetns for you

Kind regards
Klaus

[Bearbeitet am 2012-05-09 19:04 GMT]
Collapse

laure claesen
laure claesen  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Congratulations Mr K! May 9, 2012

Dear Klaus,

You know how it feels, don't you, when someone gives you the key to your problem?

Out of jail - unlocked.

ProZ is great really.

So many thanks for releasing me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing on bi-column rtf export and saving the changes in the memo

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »