Irene Acler
Irene Acler  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:32
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
May 2, 2012

Hello everybody

I noticed that when I create a new project with DXV2 and then I add my word documents to translate, automatically an Excel file is opened. Is this normal? I don't understand why it opens.

The point is that this thing is creating some problems. I have Office 2003, but also Office 2007 (a trial version). I wanted to establish Office 2003 as default, but each document is automatically opened
... See more
Hello everybody

I noticed that when I create a new project with DXV2 and then I add my word documents to translate, automatically an Excel file is opened. Is this normal? I don't understand why it opens.

The point is that this thing is creating some problems. I have Office 2003, but also Office 2007 (a trial version). I wanted to establish Office 2003 as default, but each document is automatically opened with Office 2007, and I don't know why. So now DVX2 opens an 2007 Excel file, the word document cannot be imported in DVX2, it gives me an error, and I can't work on my project! I'm desperate now!

Hope anybody can help me!
Thanks!
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:32
English to Turkish
+ ...
problem with your filter settings May 2, 2012

Hi Irene,

Possibly there is a problem with your filter settings. When importing a doc or docx file DVX opens Word in the background and Excel or PowerPoint is opened when importing the relevant file. Please check in the Project Explorer, Properties window, which filter is selected for this Word file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DXV opens an Excel file

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »