Thread poster: pjg111
pjg111
pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:14
English to French
Apr 27, 2012

Hi everybody,

Hoping this is not an OT topic.

I just purchased the latest build of DejaVu X2 earlier this morning Paris time and I'm very surprised as I so far have not received any activation code from Atril (I selected this option rather tant a dongle).
Is it the standard procedure?

I downloaded and installed the application and am running in demo mode.

Surprisingly, my demo mode cannot open my older DVX projects and/or memory database
... See more
Hi everybody,

Hoping this is not an OT topic.

I just purchased the latest build of DejaVu X2 earlier this morning Paris time and I'm very surprised as I so far have not received any activation code from Atril (I selected this option rather tant a dongle).
Is it the standard procedure?

I downloaded and installed the application and am running in demo mode.

Surprisingly, my demo mode cannot open my older DVX projects and/or memory databases (message stating 'feature not supported in this version'). Also the New option in File menu is dimmed.

Any idea or advice?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

PG
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:14
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Where did you buy? Apr 28, 2012

If your purchase was through Proz.com, submit a support ticket to the site personnel to retrieve your key, they are very responsive. If any other way, contact Atril’s sales support or whatever they have.

pjg111
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
What is Atril's regular after-purchase process? Apr 28, 2012

esperantisto wrote:

If your purchase was through Proz.com, submit a support ticket to the site personnel to retrieve your key, they are very responsive. If any other way, contact Atril’s sales support or whatever they have.

Thanks for your reply
I purchased through PowerLing taking advantage of a discounted promotion which was to end yesterday April 27.

I'm a little bit surprised not to be automatically e-mailed my activation key code as with other software vendors.

What is Atril's after-purchase process supposed to be? Are their customer support supposed to contact me with the activation key code?

Many thanks in advance for any answer.

Cheers.

PG

[Edited at 2012-04-28 11:47 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-04-28 11:48 GMT]

pjg111
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Activation Key Code received next working day RESOLVED May 5, 2012

Hi everybody,

This is just to let you know that Atril sent me my activation on next working day so everything is in order now.
By the way my stuck in demo mode issue could be explained by the fact I fully used out my trial period on an older installation of Déjà Vu X2 on my PC which had completely slipped out of my mind.
So I was unable to use Déjà Vu X2 as a trial version.

Cheers.

PG

[Edited at 2012-05-05 13:40 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Maybe OT--No activation code received and stuck in a useless demo mode

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »