Thread poster: Lenka Dz.
Lenka Dz.
Lenka Dz.  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:55
Slovak to German
+ ...
Jan 11, 2012

Hello everybody!

I just installed Deja Vu X2 Trial Version and want to start translating a dvsat file. I need to add TM (dvmdb) and a TB (dvtdb) files to be used on the translation. I have not found a way to do this simple thing so far. Can you help? Is it due to the trial version?
Does anybody know a good manual for Deja Vu X2? I can't find anything basic for beginners.
Thanks a lot,
Lenka

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Manual on the Atril website Jan 11, 2012

If you go to http://www.atril.com/en/software/deja-vu-x-professional you will find the manual (= user guide), the installation guide and a "getting started" guide. The links are at the bottom of the page.

I have a couple of articles on DVX2 with screenshots on my blog at
... See more
If you go to http://www.atril.com/en/software/deja-vu-x-professional you will find the manual (= user guide), the installation guide and a "getting started" guide. The links are at the bottom of the page.

I have a couple of articles on DVX2 with screenshots on my blog at http://language-mystery.blogspot.com/ which you may find helpful, too. I am currently working on another article, this time with various points about how to use the various databases in DVX2. I will finish it when I get the time - I hope this week - but I have to get some work done at the moment.
Collapse

Lenka Dz.
Slovak to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 11, 2012

Thank you very much. Meanwhile I found the guides and it indeed seems to be that I do not have a full version of Deja Vu installed ... I will try to install it again

Caroline Bajwel
Caroline Bajwel  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
Linking TM and TDB to Déjà Vu X Jan 11, 2012

Go to Project/Properties/Databases and click on Add to select existing TMs/TDBs or create new ones.
A trial version is a complete version of DVX. You just need to select complete installation in the installer program.

Lenka Dz.
Slovak to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
this does not work Jan 11, 2012

"Go to Project/Properties/Databases and click on Add to select existing TMs/TDBs or create new ones."

Exactly that is not possible. I have reinstalled everything and tried it out a couple of times, but there is constantly the message that DVX2 is not able to open the file ...

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)
Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
. Jan 11, 2012

Lenka Dz. wrote:

"Go to Project/Properties/Databases and click on Add to select existing TMs/TDBs or create new ones."

Exactly that is not possible. I have reinstalled everything and tried it out a couple of times, but there is constantly the message that DVX2 is not able to open the file ...

but did you create any TM or TDB? Ewa

Lenka Dz.
Slovak to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM, TB provided by agency Jan 11, 2012

I did not need to create them since they are provided by the agency. The programme also finds them, but when I clic on the TM to add it, there is the message I mentioned.

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:55
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Have you obtained a code from Atril? Jan 11, 2012

In order to have full use of the trial version, including databases, you need to obtain a 30-day code from Atril, the makers of DVX.

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Repair or OS Jan 11, 2012

Hi,

What is your OS?

I would right-click on the files and check Properties, your files could be blocked or else try the repair feature in DéjàVuX2.

HTH,

Bernard

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
30 day trial version... Jan 11, 2012

Yolanda Broad wrote:

In order to have full use of the trial version, including databases, you need to obtain a 30-day code from Atril, the makers of DVX.

It's no longer necessary.
The DVX2 trial simply works 30 days after the installation.

Nonetheless, I strange things may happen.
E.g.. I remember, some years ago, the activation codes didn't work on my wife's machine.

@Lenka:
- a dialog box with the license warning is displayed at DVX2 startup?
- can you go to DVX2 menu, Help, About, and see the version flavour and number?

PS.
I'll be back later... after some hard days...

Cheers
GG

Lenka Dz.
Slovak to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem indeed is in the version I downloaded Jan 12, 2012

First, thank you all!

At startup there is no warning about the licence.
I downloaded the free trial version which is offered on the DVX2 Professional page, that is to say, it is offered as the full version of DVX2 Professional! However, as I see now, in the "Help" - "About" menu I got only the Editor (as I was thinking meanwhile since the full funcionality of the DVX2 is simply missing).
Under "Help" - "About" it says: Deja Vu X2 Editor, Version 8.0.519 There is also an
... See more
First, thank you all!

At startup there is no warning about the licence.
I downloaded the free trial version which is offered on the DVX2 Professional page, that is to say, it is offered as the full version of DVX2 Professional! However, as I see now, in the "Help" - "About" menu I got only the Editor (as I was thinking meanwhile since the full funcionality of the DVX2 is simply missing).
Under "Help" - "About" it says: Deja Vu X2 Editor, Version 8.0.519 There is also an activation code indicated which came automatically with the download ... I meanwhile asked Deja Vu support to send me an activation code if it is necessary. But anyway, after all these complications and misleading info I am not much inclined to work with Deja Vu in the future ...
Collapse

Lenka Dz.
Slovak to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jan 12, 2012

Yolanda was right: you need a special code from the support centre for the full funcionality of the DVX2 ... After activation with that code the downloaded version changed from DVX2 Editor to DVX2 Professional (just a pitty that they dont point this out on the web page).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening TB and TM in Deja Vu X2

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »