Thread poster: Mapese
Mapese
Mapese
Local time: 00:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 30, 2011

Hi everyone!

I am learning to use Déjà Vu and I want to unify 4 terminologies into one. They are all in .dvtbd format. I have tried to import all of them into a new one but it only allows me to do it with .tdb files, not .dvtdb. Does anyone know how to convert a .dvtdb file into a .tdb one? Or just how to unify these four terminologies.

Thanks!!

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Earlier Version Dec 30, 2011

You must be using an earlier version of DéjàVu. The easiest solution for you would be to download a trial version of DéjàVuX2 from the Atril website and export the dvtb files to whichever format suits you and import them into your version of DéjàVu or convert the tdbs to the new format.

HTH,

Bernard

Mapese
Mapese
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
8.0.505 version Dec 30, 2011

I am using the 8.0.505 version. But now I'm just exporting the .dvtdb files into .txt and importing them into a new terminology.

Thanks anyway!

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Bug? Dec 30, 2011

The latest version is 8.0.519

You should also be able to use Tools Convert Terminology Database

Bernard

[Edited at 2011-12-30 19:05 GMT]

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
Atril Kanowledge Base Jan 4, 2012

There is an article in Atril's Knowledge Base about this: http://helpdesk.atril.com/index.php?pid=knowledgebase#display_entry,true,52

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with .dvtdb and .tdb files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »