Bulgaria
Local time: 08:49
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Dec 23, 2011

Dear All,

I bought Déjà vu x2 a couple of months ago. Two new versions have been released since and I updated on both occasions. The current built is: Déjà Vu X2 Professional build 8.0.519

Something must have happened as of late, because now, when I try to start the product I get the following error message:

Technical Details:
DejaVuX2.mEnayption.Init Line: 5
-2147024770: Automation error
The specified module could not be found.
... See more
Dear All,

I bought Déjà vu x2 a couple of months ago. Two new versions have been released since and I updated on both occasions. The current built is: Déjà Vu X2 Professional build 8.0.519

Something must have happened as of late, because now, when I try to start the product I get the following error message:

Technical Details:
DejaVuX2.mEnayption.Init Line: 5
The specified module could not be found.

I have Windows XP Pro SP3 installed and Déjà vu x2 is licensed with a dongle.

If someone has an idea, please, help!

Kind Regards,
PTs
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:49
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Were you able to use the new build before you got the error? Dec 24, 2011

I'm only on version 8.0.486, so I have no direct experience with that latest build.

Did you install the new build and run into the error right away, or did the error start after you'd started using the build? If the former, try downloading it again, and reinstalling from scratch. If the latter, let's hope that somebody who knows more about errors comes along to help. And, in the interim, you might try reinstalling the previous build, assuming you still have it.

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
To clarify... Dec 24, 2011

Dear Yolanda,

Thank you for your answer.

1. I have bought Déjà vu x2 only recently and I have not started using it for real translation work.
2. I have recollection that I initially this new build would start or break, and then it refused to start all together. So whatever it is, it became worse with time.
3. I do not have the old version, so I cannot revert back.
4. I tried deinstalling-restarting-installing from scratch, but it did not help.
... See more
Dear Yolanda,

Thank you for your answer.

1. I have bought Déjà vu x2 only recently and I have not started using it for real translation work.
2. I have recollection that I initially this new build would start or break, and then it refused to start all together. So whatever it is, it became worse with time.
3. I do not have the old version, so I cannot revert back.
4. I tried deinstalling-restarting-installing from scratch, but it did not help.

Kind Regards,
PTs
Collapse

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:49
German to English
+ ...
Technical troubleshooting Dec 24, 2011

Hi Pavel,

I haven't seen this particular error and am not enough of a "geek" to be able to suggest a solution.
The best option is to send your details to [email protected] - they are normally pretty quick to help with such technical problems, although I don't know whether there may be a delay for seasonal reasons at the moment.

Happy Christmas anyway.

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, guys! Dec 24, 2011

Dear All,

I have already opened a support ticket for this one.

In the meantime - if someone knows how to fix it, please, come forward.

Kind Regards,
PTs

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed Dec 24, 2011

Dear All,

I have received an answer from Atril's Support. Here it is:

It looks as though, for some reason, one of the components that DVX2 depends on has been removed from your machine, even though its registration information is still present. You try downloading and reins
... See more
Dear All,

I have received an answer from Atril's Support. Here it is:

It looks as though, for some reason, one of the components that DVX2 depends on has been removed from your machine, even though its registration information is still present. You try downloading and reinstalling it manually from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3207. If that doesn't work, you can follow the instructions in this KB article to locate and manually register Capicom.dll: http://helpdesk.atril.com/index.php?pid=knowledgebase&show=off#display_entry,true,80

The first suggestion worked: I downloaded the software, ran it, it deinstalled said update, then I ran it again and it installed it. After that Déjà vu worked like a charm.

The support ticket was answered in less than 24 h and the suggestion was very helpful. Kudoz, Atril!

Kind Regards,
PTs
Collapse

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
Local time: 07:49
Knowledge Base Dec 26, 2011

There is an article in Atril's Knowledge Base about error 429.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »