Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:35
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 19, 2011

Hi everybody,

When jumping from the source segment to the target segment (or vice versa) with the tab key, it ocasionally happens that, mysteriously, one or several words are removed from and/or several blank spaces are inserted in the segment in which the cursor was placed before hitting the tab key.

I have had this problem on all my computers, for many years, with several operating systems (Windows XP and Windows 7), and both with DVX 1 and DVX 2, which makes me think
... See more
Hi everybody,

When jumping from the source segment to the target segment (or vice versa) with the tab key, it ocasionally happens that, mysteriously, one or several words are removed from and/or several blank spaces are inserted in the segment in which the cursor was placed before hitting the tab key.

I have had this problem on all my computers, for many years, with several operating systems (Windows XP and Windows 7), and both with DVX 1 and DVX 2, which makes me think that it's inherent in Déjà Vu and that other users must also have experiened that problem. I would really like to know if that's the case because, if so, I will ask Atril to fix this very annoying bug.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Olaf
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:35
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

I've never run into this Oct 19, 2011

Hi Olaf,

I'm not sure this is the answer you're looking for, but tabbing between source and target in any version of DV I've ever used has never removed anything or added any spaces for me. But maybe other folks have run into this phenomenon?

Yolanda Broad

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:35
English to Turkish
+ ...
DNS Oct 19, 2011

Hi Olaf,

I remember that bug but it was fixed in one of the earlier builds. Are you using the latest build 8.0.492? I am not sure but I also remember reading some comments related to a problem with a specific version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking but cannot remember which version was it.

Olaf Reibedanz
Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Updating DVX 2 Oct 19, 2011

Thanks, Yolanda and Selcuk! I am currently not using DNS (so that one is ruled out as the cause of the problem) but I haven't updated DVX 2 since I bought it a couple of months ago. Thanks for reminding me to install this long overdue update! Quick question: How do I update it - through the interface or via atril's website?

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:35
English to Turkish
+ ...
download link Oct 19, 2011

Download link is http://atril.com/en/node/3109/download-demo

Possibly you will see some new features.

Olaf Reibedanz
Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot, Selcuk! Oct 20, 2011

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
Local time: 08:35
Tab is DVX1 and DVX2 Oct 20, 2011

Hello Olaf,

Does updating DVX2 change the behavior of the software when you use the tab key?

Olaf Reibedanz
Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Lorenzo! Oct 21, 2011

It seems that the problem has been solved with the update. Should it happen again, I will let you know immediately.

Kind regards,

Olaf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Tab key bug" in DVX 1 and DVX 2

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »