Thread poster: Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2011

Hi folks,

I'm trying to build a WHERE clause in order to extract entries from my DVX memory. To do that I need to verify what AttrTypeID my DVX system has for client, subject and project (see DVX user guide page 539: http://www.atril.com/sites/default/files/DVXPro_UserGuide_0.pdf).

The user guide says to open the termbase with Access, but Access
... See more
Hi folks,

I'm trying to build a WHERE clause in order to extract entries from my DVX memory. To do that I need to verify what AttrTypeID my DVX system has for client, subject and project (see DVX user guide page 539: http://www.atril.com/sites/default/files/DVXPro_UserGuide_0.pdf).

The user guide says to open the termbase with Access, but Access would always prompt me for a password (and I don't remember ever setting one). So my question is this: Is there any other way of retrieving AttrTypeIDs without using Access?

Thanks in advance,
Marcus
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 23:48
English to Turkish
+ ...
AttrTypes Jun 17, 2011

AFAIR there was no password for DVX databases (it was POLI for DV3 TMs). Anyway, standard AttrTypes table (for ATRIL Deja Vu X template) is below:

ID Type Token Name
1 4 pos Part of Speech
2 4 gender Gender
3 4 number Number
4 2 subject Subject
5 2 client Client
6 2 context Context

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Attributes table Jun 17, 2011

Thank you very much, Selcuk. My next problem now is how to create an attributes table for an already existing memory database. I constructed the Where clause as instructed in the user guide but I get the error message that "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query Attributes...". It's probably because I did not create an attributes table when I created the database. Right?

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Re: Jun 17, 2011

Attributes table is created automatically by DVX. If you can open and use your Termbase, then all required tables are in the database.

If you want to export a subset of your Termbase some SQL commands are required, but there is no need to open Access unless you have modified the template.

So, do you want to export the whole termbase or only a subset of it? No SQL commands required for exporting the complete Termbase, but for a subset (based on date, client, subject), t
... See more
Attributes table is created automatically by DVX. If you can open and use your Termbase, then all required tables are in the database.

If you want to export a subset of your Termbase some SQL commands are required, but there is no need to open Access unless you have modified the template.

So, do you want to export the whole termbase or only a subset of it? No SQL commands required for exporting the complete Termbase, but for a subset (based on date, client, subject), there are several commands that can be used. I can examine your database if you need further assistance.
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Re: Jun 18, 2011

This was a (corrupted) Translation Memory, not a Termbase. But after "Repair" in DVX the TM was easily opened.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening terminology database with Access

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »