Atril - translation tool
Thread poster: investigation
Jun 10, 2011

I would like to ask professional translators (that use Atril déjà vu program) the advantages and disadvantages of this program? thank you

Herbert Eppel
Herbert Eppel  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:25
German to English
+ ...
Long story Jun 10, 2011

That's a long story.

Why not join the DejaVu user group at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/ to find out?

Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:25
English to Polish
+ ...
Exactly... Jun 10, 2011

A very long story.
You can also find a lot of information by searching the forum and by visiting the Atril website (www.atril.com).
But it seems to me that the best idea is just to download a fully functional trial version and play with it. I did it almost 10 years ago and made the best investment of the decade

Good luck.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 09:25
Italian to German
+ ...
The advantages... Jun 20, 2011

Years ago, I was running my firt project within 1/2 of an hour because of the excellent online manual and the live tutorial provided. Then, I was more busy with my projects than reading manuals and help files (like in other tools).

In my opinion, the biggest advantage over other legacy programs is that DVX provides the best database management, with a lot of filtering possibilities and a very easy handling. You can export your TMs and DTBs in a large number of formats and you can al
... See more
Years ago, I was running my firt project within 1/2 of an hour because of the excellent online manual and the live tutorial provided. Then, I was more busy with my projects than reading manuals and help files (like in other tools).

In my opinion, the biggest advantage over other legacy programs is that DVX provides the best database management, with a lot of filtering possibilities and a very easy handling. You can export your TMs and DTBs in a large number of formats and you can also scroll freely through them, sorting them alphabetically or by chronology and make pertinent changes on the fly. All this is very important and time-saving in the long run and is NOT the case with other major concurrents, as these operations in other tools are much more difficult and will show plenty of errors.

Greets,
Mike
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Atril - translation tool

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »