Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)
Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:29
English to Danish
+ ...
Jun 8, 2011

Hello all,

I am very impressed with the new X2. It really makes it much faster to translate each segment, but moves v e r y s l o w l y to the next segment most of the time or sometimes just crashes. I tried un- and re-installing with no difference.

Has anyone else had that experience?

Alice

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:29
English to Turkish
+ ...
Repair TM and TB Jun 8, 2011

Hi Alice,

Repairing your old TM and TB may help. Besides the new feature DeepMiner is great but slows down the program. DVX2 was faster in some of the previous beta builds. I hope this problem will be solved with the next build.

Selcuk

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 02:29
Italian to German
+ ...
Switch off DeepMiner in Assemble Options Jun 20, 2011

Alice,

I'm just running a first project with DVX2.
What I've noticed so far is:

- As one of the first builds, v.478 isn't yet stable, most crashes are "under Investigation".

- It's very important to make correct settings in Tools > Options

- The Autowrite is a real improvement, but switch it off when using Dragon etc.

I have DeepMiner active with "Repair Fuzzy Matches", but inactive for the Assemble Options, as it slows dow
... See more
Alice,

I'm just running a first project with DVX2.
What I've noticed so far is:

- As one of the first builds, v.478 isn't yet stable, most crashes are "under Investigation".

- It's very important to make correct settings in Tools > Options

- The Autowrite is a real improvement, but switch it off when using Dragon etc.

I have DeepMiner active with "Repair Fuzzy Matches", but inactive for the Assemble Options, as it slows down considerably and doesn't provide useful help, apart that pressing CTRL-A with DeepMiner active (Assemble) may yield quicker results than just scanning for terms.

Also, if getting to much "noise" in the Termbase suggestions, then increase the Fuzzy Match value in Options, this will also speed up DVX2.

Important: After a crash, as with DVX1, you MUST use the "Repair" feature, otherwise your TMs, projects or DTBs may show errors and DVX will not use them at optimum.

Hope this helps,

[Edited at 2011-06-20 12:50 GMT]
Collapse

Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)
Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:29
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 20, 2011

Hi Selcuk and Mike,

Thank you very much for your useful help! I will try all your suggestions today.

Best,
Alice

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DV X2 would be great if it wasn't so slow

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »