Anıl Toy
Anıl Toy  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 06:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 6, 2011

Hi!

I'm a new user of DVX workgroup and even have a licence.

What i wonder is whether it's possible to get the doc file as it is? I tried several times but the available formats just seem to be rtf, Trados rtf and html.

Please help!

Anil

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:05
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
You mean importing a source document?? Mar 6, 2011

I only have DVX standard, but your question doesn't make sense to me.

When you have a project open in the Project Explorer in DVX, if you click "import" -> "file" this should open a window in which you can select files to import - including .doc files.

Or you can explore directories using the old-style tree menu and then click and drag files from the tree menu to your project and right-click to import them.

Can't you??

[edited to add: and on
... See more
I only have DVX standard, but your question doesn't make sense to me.

When you have a project open in the Project Explorer in DVX, if you click "import" -> "file" this should open a window in which you can select files to import - including .doc files.

Or you can explore directories using the old-style tree menu and then click and drag files from the tree menu to your project and right-click to import them.

Can't you??

[edited to add: and once your document is in a project, exporting it should do so in exactly the same format it came in as]

[Edited at 2011-03-06 06:57 GMT]
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 06:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
Export menu Mar 6, 2011

It seems that you are using External View (EV) function under Export menu. EV has many outstanding features especially for power users of DVX (e.g. for proofreading, outsourcing work to Trados users, etc.). But, in order to get the translated version of the file you should use the command Export>Project or Export>Files .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to export .doc?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »