Problems installing Deja Vu (installation DC and online version)
Thread poster: Anna Hellgren Farren
Anna Hellgren Farren
Anna Hellgren Farren  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 09:31
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 8, 2010

Dear All,

I just sent off this message to Atril's Deja Vu support, but I thought I'd post it here to in the hope of getting some good advice fast.

I just bought a Deja Vu Pro license.
Until now I have used the free demo version, only being able to open and edit dvx files, but not having access to other program features.
When receiving the installation CD in the mail, I installed the program on the CD without first deleting the Deja Vu version already running
... See more
Dear All,

I just sent off this message to Atril's Deja Vu support, but I thought I'd post it here to in the hope of getting some good advice fast.

I just bought a Deja Vu Pro license.
Until now I have used the free demo version, only being able to open and edit dvx files, but not having access to other program features.
When receiving the installation CD in the mail, I installed the program on the CD without first deleting the Deja Vu version already running in demo mode on my computer, which should have been ok according to the installation booklet.

However, something must have gone wrong, because I can't open any dvx files anymore. Despite having unistalled all previously installed versions of Deja Vu and then reinstalling the program again (trying both with the version on the supplied installation cd and the online version), I keep getting error messages when trying to open dvx files, which is very frustrating.

I look forward to hearing from you and learning what I do wrong.

ps. I just plugged in the dogle in my laptop, where I also had the demo version running, and I now I have access to all program features, so this is an issue only applying to my desktop (which is running on Windows 7, whereas the laptop is running on Vista)

Grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Anna
Collapse

Herbert Eppel
Herbert Eppel  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:31
German to English
+ ...
Ask in DV user group Dec 8, 2010

Hi Anna
If you don't get an answer here I suggest you ask in the DV user group at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/
Regards

Caroline Bajwel
Caroline Bajwel  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
Deja Vu installation problem Dec 8, 2010

Dear Anna,

What type of error message do you get? Also, what is the Deja Vu version you are using (you can see that in the Help menu/About).
Is your dongle enabled (you should see a green light on it)?

Please note that you did not actually need to reinstall Deja Vu because the "demo version" is in fact the full version of the software. Connecting a dongle or inserting an 30 day evaluation code just activates the features.

Best Regards

Car
... See more
Dear Anna,

What type of error message do you get? Also, what is the Deja Vu version you are using (you can see that in the Help menu/About).
Is your dongle enabled (you should see a green light on it)?

Please note that you did not actually need to reinstall Deja Vu because the "demo version" is in fact the full version of the software. Connecting a dongle or inserting an 30 day evaluation code just activates the features.

Best Regards

Caroline Bajwel
Collapse

Anna Hellgren Farren
Sweden
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Fatal error occurred" Dec 8, 2010

Thanks to all of you for taking the time,

The installation process seems to work fine and I get a final message confirming that the program has been installed. However, whether I try to launch the program by either double clicking on a project file or going via the start menu or the desktop shortcut, I get the error message "Fatal error occurred" or "Fatal Error During Installation". Also, Windows installer is launched every time I try to start the program, although the program shou
... See more
Thanks to all of you for taking the time,

The installation process seems to work fine and I get a final message confirming that the program has been installed. However, whether I try to launch the program by either double clicking on a project file or going via the start menu or the desktop shortcut, I get the error message "Fatal error occurred" or "Fatal Error During Installation". Also, Windows installer is launched every time I try to start the program, although the program should already be installed.

Thanks for the tip about the Yahoo group.
I might try to get some help there, if I can't work it.

Anna
Collapse

Anna Hellgren Farren
Sweden
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still struggling with the DVX installation! :( Dec 10, 2010

Despite exchanging many emails with Atril's support, following their instructions to the point, I still cannot manage to install Déjà Vu X properly and make it work.

I have installed and uninstalled the program many times (using Revo uninstall Pro). I have tried to install the program as administrator with the firewall and virus program disabled, but I still get the "Fatal error..." message. I think the problem might be related to Windows 7 or possibly with "Windows Installer". Ho
... See more
Despite exchanging many emails with Atril's support, following their instructions to the point, I still cannot manage to install Déjà Vu X properly and make it work.

I have installed and uninstalled the program many times (using Revo uninstall Pro). I have tried to install the program as administrator with the firewall and virus program disabled, but I still get the "Fatal error..." message. I think the problem might be related to Windows 7 or possibly with "Windows Installer". However, other DVX users here on Proz claim the program runs smootly on their Windows 7 systems and the program ran smootly on my system only a few days ago.

Does either of you know how to solve "Windows Installer" related problems? Can Windows installer be updated? I am a bit lost when it comes to IT trouble and am not a big fan of fiddling with registry keys...

I have joined the Yahoo group for Déjà Vu users, but don't seem to post a message (maybe I need to be accepted before doing this?).

If any of you have any ideas of how I can solve this installation problem, I would be forever grateful!

Anna
Collapse

QUOI
QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
A last resort solution Dec 11, 2010

Wipe the hard disk clean and reintall the operating system fresh. Install DVX before installing any other 3rd party applications.

[Edited at 2010-12-11 03:02 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems installing Deja Vu (installation DC and online version)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »