Thread poster: David BUICK
David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:30
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 6, 2010

I have been a happy user of DVX Standard for several years and through several computers.

I'm just setting up a new PC and as before, went to the Atril site to download the latest build.

But now the site is full of ads for DVX 2 and apparently nowhere supporting older versions.

Did I miss something on the site? Can anyone give me any help on getting the latest build onto my new machine?

Thanks!

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
DVX build 335 Nov 6, 2010

Click on the Support tab.
You then have to log in or register. I was a bit surprised by this, but it only took a minute or two to register, get the confirming e-mail and log in.
Under "Downloads" you can find the links for build 335.

QUOI
QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
hiding away... Nov 6, 2010

go to support -> downloads.
you now need an account to access downloads.
the latest build is 335.

Eutychus wrote:

I have been a happy user of DVX Standard for several years and through several computers.

I'm just setting up a new PC and as before, went to the Atril site to download the latest build.

But now the site is full of ads for DVX 2 and apparently nowhere supporting older versions.

Did I miss something on the site? Can anyone give me any help on getting the latest build onto my new machine?

Thanks!

[Edited at 2010-11-06 10:34 GMT]

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doh! Thanks! Nov 6, 2010

Thanks a lot both of you!

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Hotfixes... Nov 6, 2010

Eutychus wrote:

Thanks a lot both of you!

The file may not contain the latest hotfixes (still experimental).
They fix a lot of strange keyboard behaviour problems due to RichEd mismatches (this library is used by several programs, e.g. MS Office).

http://www.atril.com/dvx/builds/335/Patch4.zip
Unpack and copy (replace) the files in the Program Files\Atril\Deja Vu X directory.
Make a backup "o ka ou".

Cheers
GG

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
About the hotfixes Nov 6, 2010

I believe that the installation files that are downloaded today include the patch files up to patch 4, and that the hotfixes are only necessary for people who had downloaded build 335 before the patches were issued.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
It's better to check it... Nov 6, 2010

Victor Dewsbery wrote:

I believe that the installation files that are downloaded today include the patch files up to patch 4, and that the hotfixes are only necessary for people who had downloaded build 335 before the patches were issued.

I simply don't know.
It's better to check it 'cause the keyboard handling in the initial 335 build was really bad.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Finding the latest build for DVX "1"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »