Does anyone know how long the trial period is?
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:12
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Oct 5, 2010

I couldn't find any information about this, nor about the system requirements.

The FAQs don't exist, links don't work...

I would say, their website is anything else than informative

Thanks to everyone!

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
If I remember well... Oct 5, 2010

Christel Zipfel wrote:

I couldn't find any information about this, nor about the system requirements.

The FAQs don't exist, links don't work...

I would say, their website is anything else than informative

Thanks to everyone!

...it should be 30 days.

Ciao
Giusi

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:12
English to Turkish
+ ...
30 days Oct 5, 2010

Trial period for DVX is 30 days. And as for the website, the old one was a good one, a "static" but good one. I think they are now working hard on the new version DVX2.

Christel Zipfel
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Giuseppina and Selcuk! Oct 5, 2010

Indeed, there isn't any information at all!
Maybe they are busy with the new version, but in the meantime people who don't know anything about their program like me, what are they supposed to do?

I would be interested as I read it can handle multiple files, but as I said, I don't know anything else nor am I able to find some information on their website. I.e.: which version of Office does it need? Does it work with Open Office? Or is it a standalone program? Is this all a stat
... See more
Indeed, there isn't any information at all!
Maybe they are busy with the new version, but in the meantime people who don't know anything about their program like me, what are they supposed to do?

I would be interested as I read it can handle multiple files, but as I said, I don't know anything else nor am I able to find some information on their website. I.e.: which version of Office does it need? Does it work with Open Office? Or is it a standalone program? Is this all a state secret or what?

Thanks again to everybody.
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:12
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Links to info on DVX Oct 5, 2010

Hi,

I see the trial period info has disappeared into an announcement about the upcoming release of DVX2. However, there are descriptions of the various versions of the current DVX here:

http://www.atril.com/en/products.aspx

Just click on the "Read more" links.

I particularly recommend you read the
... See more
Hi,

I see the trial period info has disappeared into an announcement about the upcoming release of DVX2. However, there are descriptions of the various versions of the current DVX here:

I particularly recommend you read the description of DVX Professional:

http://www.atril.com/en/products/dvx2professional.aspx

I've been using DV for years and years. It was just what I needed for the many different kinds of jobs I do. Of particular use to me are the three different kinds of TM database it provides.

And a quick answer to your question about DVX and Office: DVX is indeed standalone. It is able to import many different formats and export the translations back into their original formats. But you can read all about that at the "Read more" links.

hth

Yolanda B.
Collapse

Christel Zipfel
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Yolanda yor your helpful information Oct 5, 2010

Yolanda Broad wrote:

Hi,

I particularly recommend you read the description of DVX Professional:

http://www.atril.com/en/products/dvx2professional.aspx

Yolanda B.

Of course, I have clicked on the "read more" button, but it didn't answer any of my doubts, and when I click on "overview for more information", which could have been interesting for me, because I really needed some more information, it takes me nowhere. That's why I have been constrained to ask here...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know how long the trial period is?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »