Amalgamate two projects
Thread poster: QUOI
QUOI
QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2010

Hi Fellow DVX users,
I wonder if there is a way to amalgamate two or more projects into one in DVX, ie import a project into another.
Thanks
Ray

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:22
French to Polish
+ ...
No normal way Jul 12, 2010

2114 wrote:

I wonder if there is a way to amalgamate two or more projects into one in DVX, ie import a project into another.

You can't do it in a normal way.

I think the easiest workaround is to reimport the files from one project to the second one, merge the TMs (you can do it in an easy way) and pretranslate.

If you have Pro and you use already two termbases, the termbase export/import will be the most painful experience (not very difficult but a gazillion of clicks).

Cheers
GG

QUOI
QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's the path I am taking at the moment. Jul 15, 2010

But when I have sub-projects (in a manner of speaking) from a number of translators, this becomes a tedious chore that also makes it easier to introduce mistakes.

[Edited at 2010-07-15 05:52 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Amalgamate two projects

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »