Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
My DVX is getting buggy, could it be caused by the Microsoft auto updates?
Thread poster: Rosemary Nguyen
Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
quite happy with Nov 11, 2009

quite happy is not exactly perfectly happy ...
and the sum of all little inaccuracies, multiplied for tons of softwares, patches, etc crashes some other tool a day or another

I frankly think that by now, PCs/softwares are arrived to a point where they yeld more issues than the ones they fix
;-D

Claudio

Rosemary Nguyen
Rosemary Nguyen
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope, not it Nov 11, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Rosemary Nguyen wrote:

(...) but I am still having the problem with it not autopropagating exact matches. For example, I have two strings that say "Subject Diary" -- no codes, only two words, capitalization etc EXACTLY the same -- yet it doesn't propagate when I hit alt + down. Other strings do propagate, it's this weird hit-and-miss thing.

Any suggestions at all? Is there some setting I am missing?

The problem can be related to keyboard shortcuts

alt+down Go to Next Untranslated Row
ctrl+down Go to Next Row

As for the settings:

Options > Environment
On Ctrl+DownArrow
check AutoPropogate

It's checked, but it doesn't work.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:00
English to Turkish
+ ...
ctrl+down arrow Nov 11, 2009

Rosemary Nguyen wrote:

(...) yet it doesn't propagate when I hit alt + down.

Which keyboard shortcut are you using for autopropagation, ctrl+down arrow or alt+down arrow?

The correct one is ctrl+down arrow

[Edited at 2009-11-11 19:45 GMT]

Rosemary Nguyen
Rosemary Nguyen
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Neither works Nov 12, 2009

According to the user guide and my previous experience, both Ctrl + down and Alt + down activate the autopropagate function, its just that they then take you to different places in the translation. I use them both.

Currently I am encountering this problem with both of those keyboard shortcuts.

Rosemary Nguyen
Rosemary Nguyen
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hey, a possible breakthrough... Nov 12, 2009

So, after nosing around in some other Deja Vu forums, I decided to try just playing around with certain settings. I recently turned off all of the "conversions" options (they don't work well in my language) so I went through and turned them back on one by one and tried to autopropagate the "Subject Diary" line again. Lo and behold, when I turned on the "allow case conversions" option, the line propagated! I don't understand it, as the capitalization is exactly the same in the two lines, but if t... See more
So, after nosing around in some other Deja Vu forums, I decided to try just playing around with certain settings. I recently turned off all of the "conversions" options (they don't work well in my language) so I went through and turned them back on one by one and tried to autopropagate the "Subject Diary" line again. Lo and behold, when I turned on the "allow case conversions" option, the line propagated! I don't understand it, as the capitalization is exactly the same in the two lines, but if that's what it takes I'll just keep the darned thing turned on.

Now I just have to figure out why my font program sometimes turns off suddenly when I go to a new string. But that's probably an issue with my font program. It's the curse of working with a language of limited diffusion...
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:00
English to Turkish
+ ...
APr button Nov 12, 2009

It is a small button, see image below. When there is a problem with AutoPropagation check that this button is pressed (AutoPropagate enabled).

As for the Conversions settings, I normally turn them off.

Conversions
- Control leading/trailing symbols
- Allow decimal conversions
- Allow case conversio
... See more
It is a small button, see image below. When there is a problem with AutoPropagation check that this button is pressed (AutoPropagate enabled).

As for the Conversions settings, I normally turn them off.

Conversions
- Control leading/trailing symbols
- Allow decimal conversions
- Allow case conversions

[Edited at 2009-11-12 21:18 GMT]
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 23:00
Italian to German
+ ...
Use repair TM / DTB / Project Nov 13, 2009

I don't know if this will solve the problems, but any related TM, DTB or Project misbehaviour should be treated with the inside DVX repair tool:

If TMs, DTBs or created projects become corrupted for any reason, e.g. showing the symptons you mentionned, also the Error 380, and after every computer crash or power failure, you should use the repair tool to:

- repair TM
- repair DTB
- repair project

Failing to do this will surely run you into troubl
... See more
I don't know if this will solve the problems, but any related TM, DTB or Project misbehaviour should be treated with the inside DVX repair tool:

If TMs, DTBs or created projects become corrupted for any reason, e.g. showing the symptons you mentionned, also the Error 380, and after every computer crash or power failure, you should use the repair tool to:

- repair TM
- repair DTB
- repair project

Failing to do this will surely run you into trouble.
You will also notice that the size of any of those files above will be significantly reduced.

Also, you should always make a backup of the file Settings.dvset just in case for desaster recovery.

Hope that this helps.

Mike
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My DVX is getting buggy, could it be caused by the Microsoft auto updates?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »