+ ...
Jun 19, 2009

Missing features:
1. A button/shortcut for locking source segments
2. Standard xliff filter
3. Save/load settings for terminology database export/import

Requested features
A. sdlxliff and txml filters

Not a long list, but the first one, "locking source segments" is essential.

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:55
German to English
+ ...
Short cut Jun 19, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Missing features:

CTRL-SHIFT-K does the trick (if I have understood what you want).

You can do this for multiple segments, too. Go to the first segment you want to lock and press RETURN. Then hold down SHIFT or CTRL and mark the other segments you want to lock, then hit the above short cut.

I use this regularly when there are some segments in my job which need to remain unchanged from source to target. The procedure I use is:
- Mark all the segments (as outlined above)
- Press F5 (copy source to target)
- Press CTRL-SHIFT-D (to stop these segments from being sent to the TM)
- Press CTRL-SHIFT-K.

Does that solve your problem No. 1?

RieM
RieM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:55
English to Japanese
+ ...
xliff filter Jun 19, 2009

Hi Selcuk,

I haven't gotten a chance to work with xliff yet, but since it's just another xml-compliant format, it should be fairly easy to create a filter on your own in DejaVu, using the Xml filter. I agree though, that such a filter should be attached to the product or at least made available for download.

Indeed, I jus
... See more
Hi Selcuk,

I haven't gotten a chance to work with xliff yet, but since it's just another xml-compliant format, it should be fairly easy to create a filter on your own in DejaVu, using the Xml filter. I agree though, that such a filter should be attached to the product or at least made available for download.

Indeed, I just created one from copying xliff.dtd from http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/documents/. But I cannot test it. If you are interested, I will send a copy. This is plain-vanilla, and I'm sure you can freely modify to create sdlxliff (if you have sdl-generated xliffs).

Regards,
Rie
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 04:55
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Jun 19, 2009

Victor Dewsbery wrote:

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Missing features:

CTRL-SHIFT-K does the trick (if I have understood what you want).

Thanks Victor, I know this feature but it is for target segments only, not for source segments.

Rie Matsuda wrote:

I have created a sdlxliff filter and there is already a txml filter in the files section of yahoo group. But you can import only the source or target segments with these filters. We need a filter similar to the ttx (tageditor) filter displaying both the source and target segments.

[Edited at 2009-06-19 14:30 GMT]

RieM
RieM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:55
English to Japanese
+ ...
Then... Jun 19, 2009

Just throwing an idea...

How about createing a filter from some raw ttx files, and possibly importing already-made filters into it for quickly setting the tags? (or vice versa - using the existing filter and importing data from ttx files).

I don't have "ttx-worthy" projects these days ... and so if you don't mind I will be happy to take a look at some ttx files you have.

Rie

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DVX has a filter for ttx files Jun 19, 2009

Rie Matsuda wrote:

Just throwing an idea...

How about createing a filter from some raw ttx files, and possibly importing already-made filters into it for quickly setting the tags? (or vice versa - using the existing filter and importing data from ttx files).

I don't have "ttx-worthy" projects these days ... and so if you don't mind I will be happy to take a look at some ttx files you have.

Rie

TTX filter (which is a part of DVX) displays both the source and target segments (consider a pretranslated ttx file). But the filters we create for sdlxliff and txml files (based on the sgml/xml filter of DVX) cannot display both the source and target segments. Only Atril engineers can create a real filter for sdlxliff and txml files.

Xliff files are bilingual (or multilingual). And it seems xliff will be standard file format for CAT tools.

[Edited at 2009-06-19 16:23 GMT]

Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
Local time: 03:55
German to English
+ ...
While we're on the subject... view shortcuts/resets Jun 19, 2009

I don't want to hijack the thread but, prompted by Selcuk's first question, what I'd like in the next version (or can it be done in the present version?):

A shortcut (or menu command) to reset all views for all files.

When I proof my completed translations, there are a variety of views I use, but resetting all these is a pain (especially if you have many files). A shortcut "Reset all views to 'All rows'" would be neat.

This would also be useful when searc
... See more
I don't want to hijack the thread but, prompted by Selcuk's first question, what I'd like in the next version (or can it be done in the present version?):

A shortcut (or menu command) to reset all views for all files.

When I proof my completed translations, there are a variety of views I use, but resetting all these is a pain (especially if you have many files). A shortcut "Reset all views to 'All rows'" would be neat.

This would also be useful when searching and replacing, since searches use the current view, and if you have forgotten to reset the view...
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DVX version 8 Jun 19, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Missing features:
3. Save/load settings for terminology database export/import

I just read at http://forums.atril.com that this feature will be implemented in version 8.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing/requested features

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »