Cristina Golab
Cristina Golab  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 24, 2009

Hi everyone,
I am a new Deja-Vu X user, and I came accross a problem when exporting a word file through the Project Explorer. When I open the word file, the text is incomplete. Only the first page is exported. I went to External View to view the text in a RTF format and everything is in there. I tried fixing the project and even reimported the file and did it again, but once agan there's missing text when I export it to word.
If someone could help me solve this issue, I'd greatly app
... See more
Hi everyone,
I am a new Deja-Vu X user, and I came accross a problem when exporting a word file through the Project Explorer. When I open the word file, the text is incomplete. Only the first page is exported. I went to External View to view the text in a RTF format and everything is in there. I tried fixing the project and even reimported the file and did it again, but once agan there's missing text when I export it to word.
If someone could help me solve this issue, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
Collapse

Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)
Alice Wolfe, DDS (X)  Identity Verified
United States
English to Danish
+ ...
Code error Feb 24, 2009

Hi Christina,

It's most likely a code error. Look in your DVX file at the first un-exported segment. Check it to see if perhaps two numbered codes have been switched or something like that. Hopefully this will take care of it.

Good luck,
Alice

Julia F
Julia F  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:50
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Exporting docs from a DVX project Feb 24, 2009

Hi Christina,
The location of where your project export has been aborted gives you the location of where DVX wants to get something fixed (Usually it would also give you an error message for this telling you what code brought up the problem). Most likely is will be a missing code, { }brackets missing or wrong typ (like () or []). Another option is that DVX is looking for your codes in numerical order so you have your codes in the target just not in the right place. Last but not least... C
... See more
Hi Christina,
The location of where your project export has been aborted gives you the location of where DVX wants to get something fixed (Usually it would also give you an error message for this telling you what code brought up the problem). Most likely is will be a missing code, { }brackets missing or wrong typ (like () or []). Another option is that DVX is looking for your codes in numerical order so you have your codes in the target just not in the right place. Last but not least... Carriage returns sometimes bring up a similar problem in which case I would just get rid of it.
You might also want to go though QA options...
Hope you can get the file sorted.
Julia
Collapse

Cristina Golab
Cristina Golab  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Feb 24, 2009

Thanks a lot Julia and Alice. It did had to do with the codes. Problem fixed!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems when exporting a word file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »