Pascale Pluton  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:41
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Dec 10, 2008

Hello everybody
I am a Trados user and since a few years I do not need any dongle anymore. I was wondering whether it is also the case for Déjà Vu. Is the latest version of Déjà Vu Dongle free?
I may have found this info somewhere but I am running short of time.
Thanks for your answer and for your time.

Pascale

Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:41
English to Polish
+ ...
Dongle required... Dec 10, 2008

As I far as I know you need the dongle to run DVX. It's not required only for the free version - DVX Editor. However, it does not cause any problems. It's small and handy. And, what is very important, you don't need to "return" your activation code through a website (like with Trados) to run DVX on a different computer - all you need is just to plug the dongle in and that's it

Regards,
stake

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Yes, required and will be required Dec 10, 2008

I don't even want to think about going through the whole procedure Trados would impose on me just when I would like to install the application on a different machine. As far as I know, Atril does not intend to give up the dongle requirement, but I have heard that Atril supplies activation codes in exceptional cases when dongles do not work. But that would be subject to individual negotiation with them.

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:41
German to English
+ ...
Atril's dongle policies Dec 10, 2008

I rather like dongles because of the flexibility they give me. However, like all hardware, they are subject to failure. Or they can be lost. Atril has the best replacement policy I have encountered yet for these cases, for which I am very grateful. I own a certain SDL localization product that cost me over 4500 euros, and when the dongle for it got lost on a trip I was told I would have to pay full price for a replacement. Maybe I can argue my way out of this one, maybe not, but since I take a g... See more
I rather like dongles because of the flexibility they give me. However, like all hardware, they are subject to failure. Or they can be lost. Atril has the best replacement policy I have encountered yet for these cases, for which I am very grateful. I own a certain SDL localization product that cost me over 4500 euros, and when the dongle for it got lost on a trip I was told I would have to pay full price for a replacement. Maybe I can argue my way out of this one, maybe not, but since I take a generally dim view of what goes on under the SDL roof anyway I'm not in a hurry at the moment. I just know that I wouldn't have this issue with Atril.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Déjà Vu without dongle?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »