Info on downloading Déjà Vu "lite"?
Thread poster: Elizabeth Ask
David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:32
French to English
+ ...
Editor and AutoIt? Dec 8, 2008

David, you're perfectly right but I'm missing the TM and the termbases (e.g, you can't check multiple matches, scan for concordance etc).
Probably it's the reason why Wolfgang suggested the External view approach, isn't it?

Quite so. If the translator uses Trados Wordfast or some other Word-based tool, they may find the Workgroup External View (or RTF bilingual export) approach better, although you can probably quite easily use AutoHotKeys or AutoIt to run the Editor with an outside TM as Samual Murrey seems to have done with Idiom Workbench.

http://leuce.com/tempfile/omtautoit/

My only point was that the humble free Editor is in many ways much more powerful than some fully-blown competitor tools!

For the Editor, I would imagine rather a tool like the Idiom Workbench 7.x i.e. a full DVX except the project creation.

IMHO DVX Editor is too crippled.
It could be a splendid marketing tool for Atril and it could boost the DVX Workgroup sales.

Yes, maybe they will once the Online Server version is released although Idiom did end by being swallowed up by SDL and I'd hate to see Atril go the same way...

Regards,
David

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Info on downloading Déjà Vu "lite"?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »