Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 18:17
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 14, 2008

Dear All,

I've been having dongle recognition problems several times, but it has always been resolved "somehow". This somehow meant most of the time an evaluation key was sent by Atril Support.

Now I also wrote to them, but I fear it will take some time before they reply.

I have the latest build installed (7.5.0.303), and I have an old parallel dongle, a legacy from DV3.

The last time I had a dongle recognition problem, I received an evaluation
... See more
Dear All,

I've been having dongle recognition problems several times, but it has always been resolved "somehow". This somehow meant most of the time an evaluation key was sent by Atril Support.

Now I also wrote to them, but I fear it will take some time before they reply.

I have the latest build installed (7.5.0.303), and I have an old parallel dongle, a legacy from DV3.

The last time I had a dongle recognition problem, I received an evaluation code and everything worked fine - but today this period is over.

I followed accurately all the steps necessary to uninstall then reinstall the drivers, and according to the messages everything went fine. ("...successfully uninstalled", "... successfully installed").

The problem is that DVX just wouldn't start. It still asks me to enter an evaluation code.

Do you have any foolproof ideas how to get this working???

Needless to say, the client is waiting...

Thanks a lot

Csaba

[Edited at 2008-07-14 14:15]
Collapse

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:17
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
This is my first approach to such problems Jul 14, 2008

Have you tried

Program files > Atril > Déjà Vu X > Dongle > setupdrv.exe ?

I've never had the exact same issue as you, but this has fixed every bug I've had where DVX has not recognised the dongle and incorrectly asked for a code.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dongle problem cannot be solved

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »