Any simple way of a projects merging or a transferring of files between projects?
Thread poster: mikhailo
mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 01:19
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 31, 2018

Is there any simple way of a projects merging or a transferring of files between projects, saving possibility to export to original format.

1. The manual way through mdb takes a lot of work to correct all indices and crosslinks in tables.
2. Dragging between advanced project explorer does not work.
3. Reimport-pretranslate takes a lot of work.
4. D&D and satellite project can't be imported to another projects.
5. Xliff. DV can't create a full xliff (wi
... See more
Is there any simple way of a projects merging or a transferring of files between projects, saving possibility to export to original format.

1. The manual way through mdb takes a lot of work to correct all indices and crosslinks in tables.
2. Dragging between advanced project explorer does not work.
3. Reimport-pretranslate takes a lot of work.
4. D&D and satellite project can't be imported to another projects.
5. Xliff. DV can't create a full xliff (with all info for export to orig file formats), like MQ can. And I don't know the way to export all files in standalone xliffs.
6. mdb merging tools. I tried AccdbMergefree - it doesn't work.
7. Import function in Access creates copies of tables, but don't merge them.
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
External View RTF Apr 2, 2018

Hi Mikhailo,

I would first create an External View RTF file (EV1) for Project 1.
Then, import the files into Project 2.
Next, create an EV RTF file for Project 2 (EV2) and copy relevant segments from EV1 to EV2.

This method will work provided that you did not join/split too many segments in Project 1.

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Apr 2, 2018

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Hi Mikhailo,

I would first create an External View RTF file (EV1) for Project 1.
Then, import the files into Project 2.
Next, create an EV RTF file for Project 2 (EV2) and copy relevant segments from EV1 to EV2.

This method will work provided that you did not join/split too many segments in Project 1.

Thanks.
Idea is understandable but in my case it is not the solution. Unfortunalety most of writers have week knowledge of word and their documents have a lot of defects. A have a lot of joined/splitted, manually locked, untranslatable content in files. So the mdb way looks less time-consuming.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any simple way of a projects merging or a transferring of files between projects?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »