Giovanna Alessandra Meloni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:50
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jan 26, 2018

Hello!

I'm working on a project where there are too many tags, the most of them are just the space between a word and the next one.
The source file is a .docx file.

Any suggestions on how to remove these tags?

Thank you!

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:50
English to Turkish
+ ...
codezapper Jan 26, 2018

Hi Giovanna,

You can try using the codezapper in Microsoft Word / Microsoft Office 2007/2010 Open XML filter. I usually pre-edit such files before importing into DVX.

Selcuk

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
It's the Word file, not DVX2 Jan 26, 2018

I used to run Codezapper inside DVX2 whenever I imported Word files. Then I upgraded to DVX3 and, apparently, Codezapper is embedded in the newest Office filter. I forget to use it.

I recently translated 3 technical manuals with too many tags as Giovanna said. Thanks for the reminder!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Too many tags - Déjà Vu X2

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »