Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:00
French to Polish
+ ...
Registry... workaround #4 Aug 11, 2017

mikhailo wrote:

SOLUTION
change folder name C:\ProgramData\Atril\Déjà Vu X3 to C:\ProgramData\Atril\Deja Vu X3
In registry change all Atril\Déjà Vu X3 to Atril\Deja Vu X3 (a many many times)
It works.

Your solution is basically perfect but has one possible flaw (the changes may be overwritten when DVX is upgraded) and one inconvenient (many translators are IT dummies and these manual registry changes may be risky).

Maybe some automation could help but I can't take a closer look now... too much work

Cheers
GG

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have you tried this? Aug 14, 2017

Open, sesame!

leoramirez
leoramirez
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Changing System Locale Worked! Aug 17, 2017

Grzegorz, you da man! Your workaround is just awesome!
Changed system locale, and it did work, no harm to other software pieces done so far. Hopefully, nothing has been affected.
Cheers mate!

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
re Aug 18, 2017

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Your solution is basically perfect but has one possible flaw (the changes may be overwritten when DVX is upgraded) and one inconvenient (many translators are IT dummies and these manual registry changes may be risky).

Maybe some automation could help but I can't take a closer look now... too much work

Cheers
GG

The upcoming Déjà Vu version is getting closer and closer......
http://www.proz.com/forum/déj��_vu_support/315088-the_upcoming_déjà_vu_version_is_getting_closer.html

Does anybody got any official solution of this problem form Atril?

Rut Shaham
Rut Shaham
Israel
Local time: 15:00
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all. Uninstalling the update (and blocking further updates) Aug 19, 2017

solved the problem.
I still wonder how come a respectable company that encounters such a major bug in it's software, doesn't bother to inform all registered users about the problem and the suggested solutions.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Perhaps they're out of business Aug 20, 2017

Hi Rut, I wondered the same thing. But since yesterday, Atril's website and their Yahoo group is down, so perhpas they have finally decided to go out of business, that's why they didn't care to make an announcement about the bug.

[Edited at 2017-08-20 07:12 GMT]

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Same experience here: Aug 20, 2017

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

since yesterday, Atril's website and their Yahoo group is down

Since yesterday starting DV X3 is nearly impossible with an activated internet connection. I always have to disconnect the Internet first before starting DV X3 or wait for ages until I am able to proceed with my work.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Yahoo Group for Déjà Vu Aug 20, 2017

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

Hi Rut, I wondered the same thing. But since yesterday, Atril's website and their Yahoo group is down, so perhpas they have finally decided to go out of business, that's why they didn't care to make an announcement about the bug.

[Edited at 2017-08-20 07:12 GMT]

I can reach the Déjà Vu Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dejavu-l/conversations/messages

The website www.atril.com indeed seems to be down.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
The Yahoo Group is live, indeed Aug 20, 2017

CafeTran Training wrote:
I can reach the Déjà Vu Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dejavu-l/conversations/messages

You're right. My bad. I used the link cited at Atril's very own Help Desk, shown here: https://atrilsolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205540691-Accessing-the-Déjà-Vu-forum-mailing-list-in-Yahoo-Group-

[Edited at 2017-08-20 08:47 GMT]

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
re Aug 21, 2017

Site is also working
But latest news dated 2015 y.:):) and no signs that something is getting closer

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Still no official solution? Aug 21, 2017

WOW! Dejavu X3 has been broken for almost two weeks now and still no official solution from Atril?

Victor Sidelnikov
Victor Sidelnikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Possible solution Aug 21, 2017

I'm afraid the most reliable solution is to use a virtual machine without any updates.
Even if and when Atril solves this problem, it's not a fact that in the future, Windows will not come up with similar updates. By the way, I'm not sure that in the future there will be no similar problems with other work programs.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Yes, Virtual Machines Aug 21, 2017

Victor Sidelnikov wrote:

I'm afraid the most reliable solution is to use a virtual machine without any updates.

I agree, Virtual Machines can be a solution here (I use them myself under VMware Fusion). However, you'll probably have to make sure that Déjà Vu is contained in a separate VM, since other CATs will probably require updating Windows.

Of course, the best solution is to avoid Windows at all and move to Mac or Linux .

Epameinondas Soufleros
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Typical of Atril Aug 21, 2017

Pavel Tsvetkov wrote:

WOW! Dejavu X3 has been broken for almost two weeks now and still no official solution from Atril?

Does this strike you as unusual? I think it's very typical of Atril. I mean they never acknowledge any bugs, unless they are reported by one of the ten persons that keep visiting their Yahoo Group (who, incidentally, wish to see no new feature).

Atril's website was down for an entire weekend and they made no announcement—it seems that nothing noteworthy has happened since June 2015, when they released their latest announcement (which they did after I complained that they hadn't made any announcements since 2013…).

Also, three months ago we were promised to hear a lot of news in "the coming weeks". Here we are now, three months later, with not even a single word about a new version.

To me Atril is dead and buried. I'll be stuck forever with a DVX3 which refuses to launch and throws an error message which can't be dismissed—it needs me to end the process using Task Manager.

[Edited at 2017-08-21 12:50 GMT]

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
An updated workaround Aug 22, 2017

Hello everyone,
We’ve updated the article about the problem with running dxv3 and dvx2 after windows updates. The solution is described here: https://goo.gl/Fji8ff

Kind regards,
Matylda

[Edited at 2017-08-22 19:57 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'm unable to open Dejavu x2 and Dejavu x3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »