How to calculate percentage of exact/fuzzy matches to deduce them from the invoice
Thread poster: ifumo
ifumo
ifumo  Identity Verified

Local time: 11:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 13, 2012

Hi everyone,

I am new using déjà vu and I have a question.

I want to deduce the exact matches and the fuzzy matches from my invoices but I don't know how to do it. Is there a way to have a percentage or a word count of what is actually translated from the TM?

Thanks for your help!

Irene

Dagdelen
Dagdelen  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:02
Member (2010)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Tools ... Jan 13, 2012

ifumo wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new using déjà vu and I have a question.

I want to deduce the exact matches and the fuzzy matches from my invoices but I don't know how to do it. Is there a way to have a percentage or a word count of what is actually translated from the TM?

Thanks for your help!

Irene

Ctrl+W
or
Ctrl+shift+W

Lbenito_atril
Lbenito_atril
Shortcuts Jan 16, 2012

Control+W brings up the Word Count dialog.

Control+Shift+W brings up the Analysis dialog, which is probaby closer to what you want. You should attach the TM you want to the project and use the option Use all Project TMs when doing the analysis. This way, DVX2 will tell you how many matches of what type you can obtain from the TM during pre-translation.

The intra-project analysis takes into account the internal repetition in the project to predict. E.g., if a segm
... See more
Control+W brings up the Word Count dialog.

Control+Shift+W brings up the Analysis dialog, which is probaby closer to what you want. You should attach the TM you want to the project and use the option Use all Project TMs when doing the analysis. This way, DVX2 will tell you how many matches of what type you can obtain from the TM during pre-translation.

The intra-project analysis takes into account the internal repetition in the project to predict. E.g., if a segment in the project is repeated several times, you only need to translate once because DVX2 can propagate the translation to the other segments. Intra-project analysis will reflect this.
Collapse

ifumo
ifumo  Identity Verified

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word counting Jan 18, 2012

Thanks a lot!!!! I'm going to try

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to calculate percentage of exact/fuzzy matches to deduce them from the invoice

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »