A glitch or wrong setting in Terminology check?
Thread poster: Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:13
Italian to Russian
+ ...
Jan 11, 2012

In my TB there is term "process gas" (source language) and in the translated text that I am reviewing, term "Profibus" (source language) frequently occurs. Terminology check labeled all translations of "profibus" in my text as wrong translations of "process gas". Should I change something in the settings? I need always, when checking terminology in English, only exact hit (double spaces and other "variables" I adjust before check).
Thank you

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:13
French to Polish
+ ...
Glitch in the design, IMO... Jan 12, 2012

Gennady Lapardin wrote:

In my TB there is term "process gas" (source language) and in the translated text that I am reviewing, term "Profibus" (source language) frequently occurs. Terminology check labeled all translations of "profibus" in my text as wrong translations of "process gas". Should I change something in the settings? I need always, when checking terminology in English, only exact hit (double spaces and other "variables" I adjust before check).

Go to Tools, Options, Options, General.
Deactivate Enable fuzzy terminology lookups.
It should reduce the number of false positives but will have a damn bad impact in the terminology recognition for heavily inflected languages.

BTW, we work both in heavily inflected Slavic languages.
In most cases, the terminology check makes no sense because DVX searches for exact matches i.e., if you have in your TB a pair like "dog - собака", DVX will throw a warning for собаки.
I simply disable the terminology checks against termbase, TM and even Lexicon.

Cheers
GG

Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:13
Italian to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Jan 12, 2012

Thank you very much, Grzegorz! This is exactly what I needed, full termglossary matches only.
I hope that now I understand a little-little better the AutoSearch - Portions window and the settings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A glitch or wrong setting in Terminology check?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »