Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:15
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Very nice news Oct 20, 2010

As soon as my next job comes in, I'll have to give it a test drive. And make sure I have enough in the bank to cover that hefty price - or will the upgrade price be considerably less? I see the following:

For upgrades from other or previous versions of Déjà Vu, please contact our sales staff for a personalized quote. http://www.atril.com/en/purchase.aspx

I'm definitely contacting them to find out what they will quote.

Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:15
English to Polish
+ ...
upgrades will be much cheaper Oct 20, 2010

I corresponded with Lorenzo Benito, and he wrote that the price for upgrades would be half the price for full licence. So it seems good news then.

[Edited at 2010-10-20 20:31 GMT]

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 16:15
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Soon... but when? Dec 17, 2010

The new version of Deja Vu is long overdue, and I hope they could provide some more information regarding the date of its release.

It is just a case of bad Public Relations of an otherwise excellent product, I am afraid.

-----------------------

I originally posted my question on Dec 17 and today, Jan 3, there is still no answer - by anyone. So, Atril must be continuing with their trend to keep prospective customers in the dark about "what", "when", etc.
... See more
The new version of Deja Vu is long overdue, and I hope they could provide some more information regarding the date of its release.

It is just a case of bad Public Relations of an otherwise excellent product, I am afraid.

-----------------------

I originally posted my question on Dec 17 and today, Jan 3, there is still no answer - by anyone. So, Atril must be continuing with their trend to keep prospective customers in the dark about "what", "when", etc.

If this kind of mistreatment continues, SDL should have no problem to keep the lion share of the CAT tools market, even if they continue to sell badly engineered software.

What a pity!

[Edited at 2011-01-03 06:59 GMT]
Collapse

Pzit (X)
Pzit (X)
English to Italian
Soon... very soon. Jan 5, 2011

Judging by the revamped Atril Website, DVX2 is coming VERY soon. I'm eager to evaluate it, but the vagueness of this much expected coming of age is counterproductive. It used to be "soon" in October. Now it's "very soon". Will "sooner than you think" be next?
I'm joking, but I really would like to evaluate the product, and I'd love Atril to behave better than their disastrous competitors' customer services...

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
It is long overdue but... Jan 11, 2011

last I heard was that they'd run into some unexpected, last-minute problems that they were working hard to deal with. If you say "soon" or "very soon", you still get flamed so being any more specific is likely to make matters even worse, if you miss the deadline. But they should just come out and say that "we're having problems but are addressing them as quickly as possible".
In the meantime, there at least is a new DVX1 build (7.5.338) on their website, which I think is a significant impr
... See more
last I heard was that they'd run into some unexpected, last-minute problems that they were working hard to deal with. If you say "soon" or "very soon", you still get flamed so being any more specific is likely to make matters even worse, if you miss the deadline. But they should just come out and say that "we're having problems but are addressing them as quickly as possible".
In the meantime, there at least is a new DVX1 build (7.5.338) on their website, which I think is a significant improvement over previous ones.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/message/104401
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The "soon" was referring to their website information, but... Jan 11, 2011

Hi,

I agree that Atril should have released their new version "soon" after their new webpage refit, several month have passed since this promise. The Yahoo Group has a dedicated newsgroup to Déjà Vu, usually with the latest news and also a lot of information and tips about the program handling and possible problems.
Link: see David's link above.

It seems that Atril wants to get everything OK before releasing their work and I .fully understand that, although this
... See more
Hi,

I agree that Atril should have released their new version "soon" after their new webpage refit, several month have passed since this promise. The Yahoo Group has a dedicated newsgroup to Déjà Vu, usually with the latest news and also a lot of information and tips about the program handling and possible problems.
Link: see David's link above.

It seems that Atril wants to get everything OK before releasing their work and I .fully understand that, although this should not be a secret and a little news update would be fine.
I'm looking forward for DVX2 as the improvements anounced on their website seem tremendous.

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2011-01-11 20:28 GMT]
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:15
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Where is it, then? Mar 31, 2011

Today they updated (or, rather, 'renovated') their site (www.atril.com), but there's no mention of Deja Vu X2 in it. When you download the trial version, you download Deja Vu X. Did they abandon X2 altogether?

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Inshallah... Apr 1, 2011

After all, we've been waiting about 3 years for DVX to come out, remember?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX2 will be published soon!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »